Garden Plant for ID : 120611 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 12, 2011, 2:03:10 AM6/12/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Jijamata Udyan on the 8th of Feb, 2011.
Used as a hedge at many places in the garden.
I had posted this earlier, but somehow missed out on the actual name.

Ruellia sp?
Aarti

DSCN0531.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 12, 2011, 4:06:54 AM6/12/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I think Justicia spicigera

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 12, 2011, 12:45:11 PM6/12/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Aarti ji
Here are mine with reddish flowers. range of colour from orange to red is found in this species.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
image.png

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gurcharan ji,
The one you have mentioned is Orange buds,I have photographed it at
Maharashtra Nature Park....where as this is bright red.
Aarti

On Jun 12, 12:06 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Justicia spicigera
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Taken at Jijamata Udyan on the 8th of Feb, 2011.
> > Used as a hedge at many places in the garden.
> > I had posted this earlier, but somehow missed out on the actual name.
>
> > Ruellia sp?
> > Aarti- Hide quoted text -

image.png
Justicia-spicigera-Ridge-Delhi-1.jpg
Justicia-spicigera-Ridge-Delhi-5.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 12, 2011, 12:50:55 PM6/12/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I am surprised how this ICICI prudential got into my mail from desktop. I attached files from E drive.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

image.png

Pinki

Jun 13, 2011, 12:48:32 AM6/13/11
to efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji, probably because the colour is same for the flower and
the menu bar.....

Alok