White Mussaenda with Orange flowers

raghu ananth

Aug 27, 2010, 8:25:20 AM8/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
White Mussaenda with Orange flowers

The Orange petals of this plant is narrower when compared  with that of  Mussaenda phillipica

Date/Time :

20 Jul 2010, 10.44AM

Location- Place, altitude and GPS:

Miao, Arunachal pradesh

Habitat- garden/ urban/wild/type:

Wild, forest path,

Plant Habit-tree/shrub/climber/herb:

 Shrub,

Height/length:

Plant height -2-3 feet

Leaves-type/shape/size:

/Green leaves - 15-20 cms/Acuminate/ Opposite ?

Inflorescence type /size:

-

Flowers-size/colour/calyx/bracts:

Orange flower, size -Approx. 1.5cms , green buds

Fruits type-shape/size/seeds:

-

Fragrance/odour/pollinator/uses  and so on:

-

Regards
Raghu

DSC_5207.jpg
DSC_5207b.jpg
DSC_5208.jpg
DSC_5208a.jpg
DSC_5209.jpg

Shantanu

Aug 28, 2010, 2:45:02 PM8/28/10
to efloraofindia
Hi Raghu ji
Amazing shots of a rare species of Mussaenda.

regards
Shantanu : )
>  DSC_5207.jpg
> 55KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_5207b.jpg
> 49KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_5208.jpg
> 53KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_5208a.jpg
> 53KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_5209.jpg
> 86KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Oct 10, 2010, 2:08:12 AM10/10/10
to efloraofindia, Shantanu, raghu ananth

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSC_5207.jpg
DSC_5207b.jpg
DSC_5208.jpg
DSC_5208a.jpg
DSC_5209.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 27, 2010, 8:17:45 PM10/27/10
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Shantanu Bhattacharya
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nov 18, 2010, 5:47:12 AM11/18/10
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Vijayasankar Raman, Tabish, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Nov 18, 2010, 9:14:17 AM11/18/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Vijayasankar Raman, Tabish, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Ritesh Choudhary

Nov 19, 2010, 1:30:44 AM11/19/10
to efloraofindia
I think Mussaenda roxburghii Hook. f.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Nov 18, 11:14 pm, Yazdy Palia <yazdypa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> This has been identified before. It is Mussaenda Philippica.  Please go
> through the linkhttp://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://lepidoptera.butterflyhou...http://www.google.co.in/images?q=Mussaenda+pictures&oe=utf-8&client=f...
> Regards
> Yazdy.
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Smilax004

Nov 19, 2010, 3:44:17 AM11/19/10
to efloraofindia
Mussanda philippica is a very common introduced species to India. The
plant in the picture doesnt looks like M. philippica as the petals are
narrow and pointed, whereas, in M.philippica, the petals are shorter
but broader and the bract has many color variations. It neither looks
like M.roxburghii as it doesnt have the persistent calyx (the key
character of M. roxburghii).

I will certainly look in to this later and try id the same. if Raghu
can send us a picture of flower in which the calyx is highlighted or
clearly visible that would of great help to id it correctly. Please
add a picture with leaf too as it is an inevitable part that carry
lots of key charecters.

Regards
Giby

On Nov 19, 11:30 am, Ritesh Choudhary <ritesh....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Mussaenda roxburghii Hook. f.
>
> Regards,
> Ritesh.
>
> On Nov 18, 11:14 pm, Yazdy Palia <yazdypa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Dear Friends,
> > This has been identified before. It is Mussaenda Philippica.  Please go
> > through the linkhttp://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://lepidoptera.butterflyhou......
> > >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(morethan 1420 members &

Yazdy Palia

Nov 19, 2010, 5:11:20 AM11/19/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thank you Giby. I stand corrected.
Regards
Yazdy.

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 5, 2010, 2:35:41 PM12/5/10
to Yazdy Palia, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Mussaenda for sure, if it was ornamental I would have thought it to be
Mussaenda luteola or it may be an escape too.
Nice pics Mr. Raghu
and thanks a lot for your support Dr. Giby.

For those who are not aware, my dearest friend Dr. Giby got married recently.
Best wishes to you and your wife for a happy married life ahead.
Take care and enjoy.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

J.M. Garg

Dec 23, 2010, 12:16:19 AM12/23/10
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Smilax004, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Yazdy Palia, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, mani nair

Some earlier relevant feedback:

[...]

Pankaj”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1475 members & 57,000 messages on 16/12/10 & with a database of around 4400 species on 30/11/10)

DSC_5207.jpg
DSC_5207b.jpg
DSC_5208.jpg
DSC_5208a.jpg
DSC_5209.jpg

raghu ananth

Feb 10, 2012, 8:45:34 AM2/10/12
to indiantreepix
Rubiaceae Week: White Mussaenda with Orange flowers from Arunachal Pradesh #AR08

eflora ID assistance requested earlier points very close to Mussaenda roxburghii - Himalayan Mussaenda.

--- I agree with the descriptions - leaf shape, flower tube, flower -short pointed tip,
--- Not sure of the  hairy stem and mid rib,  flower cluster patterns etc..
-- I feel its close to the Mussaenda roxburghii

Regards
Raghu Ananth

DSC_5207.jpg
DSC_5207b.jpg
DSC_5208.jpg
DSC_5208a.jpg
DSC_5209.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 18, 2012, 2:52:56 AM3/18/12
to raghu ananth, indiantreepix
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

JM Garg

Aug 9, 2022, 7:44:30 AM8/9/22
to efloraofindia
Aug 9, 2022, 7:48:16 AM8/9/22
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Tabish
This appears to be Mussaenda wallichii as per FOI, POWO specimen

With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC_5207.jpg
DSC_5207b.jpg
DSC_5208.jpg
DSC_5208a.jpg
DSC_5209.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2022, 11:20:41 AM8/9/22
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Tabish
After going through detailed description in FBI from IBIS Flora, I feel it more closer to Mussaenda glabra as per FBI description rather than Mussaenda wallichii (which also does not have distribution in Arunachal)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg