10102011-BS-1 Cyperaceaea member from Pujam Karnal for id

Balkar Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 3:36:50 PM10/9/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Cyperaceaea member from Pujam Karnal for id
stem cylindrical, hollow about 30-50 cm
wild, aquatic
Thanks
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
IMG_2118Sm.JPG
IMG_2119Sm.JPG
IMG_2120Sm.JPG
IMG_2121Sm.JPG
IMG_2122Sm.JPG
IMG_2123Sm.JPG
IMG_2124Sm.JPG
IMG_2125Sm.JPG
IMG_2126Sm.JPG

Ritesh

Oct 9, 2011, 9:37:00 PM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Weeds are beautiful...

Schoenoplectus mucronatus (L.) Palla

Regards,
Ritesh.

Balkar Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 9:51:32 PM10/9/11
to Ritesh, efloraofindia
Thanks Ritesh Ji
Some doubts
In Schoenoplectus mucronatus  the position of inflorescence seems to be on upper half of the plant and plant not straight above the inflorescence
In my plant inflorescence was just 3-4 cm above ground on 30-50 cm plant
Thanks

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Ritesh <rites...@gmail.com> wrote:
Weeds are beautiful...

 (L.) Palla

Regards,
Ritesh.

Ritesh

Oct 9, 2011, 10:23:30 PM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks for writing back sir!

Your doubt is genuine.

I was little hasty in identifying the plant....Sorry!

Culm of this plant is also terete and not triangular as found in S.
mucronatus.

After going through Fl. China, the plant appears to me as S.
articulatus (L.) Palla.

Experts' comments are welcome!

Regards,
Ritesh.

Madhuri Pejaver

Oct 9, 2011, 10:48:56 PM10/9/11
to Balkar Singh, indiantreepix
 Beautiful. so clear
Madhuri

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 9, 2011, 11:56:22 PM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Can this be a Juncus or Juncaceae member?
Pankaj

Balkar Singh

Oct 10, 2011, 12:20:25 PM10/10/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
can this be a sp of Scirpus

Ritesh

Oct 10, 2011, 8:17:19 PM10/10/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Balkar Sir,

Just an update:

Schoenoplectiella articulata (L.) Lye

=Schoenoplectus articulatus (L.) Palla
=Scirpus articulatus L.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Balkar Singh

Oct 10, 2011, 8:23:04 PM10/10/11
to Ritesh, efloraofindia
Oh!! Thanks Ritesh Ji for update.
This plant is becoming interested for me as after searching Many books/ floras and specifically floras on Aquatic plants, till now no concrete decision is there.

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Oct 10, 2011, 8:43:11 PM10/10/11
to Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Sir,

Did u dissect the plant? How about the nuts?

Attaching herewith an ethno-botany paper for your kind perusal.
Photographs provided in the paper matches with your plant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ritesh.

1.pdf

Balkar Singh

Oct 10, 2011, 8:47:49 PM10/10/11
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Yes Ritesh Ji Agreed Thanks for the efforts put for id of this Plant
It is Schoenoplectiella articulata (L.) Lye only