Malvaceae week : Ceiba pentandra

Satish Phadke

Sep 10, 2011, 6:04:51 AM9/10/11
to indiantreepix
Malvaceae week : Ceiba pentandra
Pandhara Sawar पांढरा सावर
Dr Phadke
DSCN8937s.jpg
Ceiba pentandra1.jpg
Ceiba pentandra2.jpg

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 10, 2011, 8:02:55 AM9/10/11
to indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
Wow!
Satish ji Crystal clear pictures. Never seen the flower from such close as the tree is so huge.
Is it "Pandhari" sawar or "Pandhara" sawar.
Now Sir ji
I cant see pentalobed  capitate stigma.
I cant see the typical Monadelphy with which I am familiar for years.
I can see the reniform anthers.
But I can also see the sinuvious condition.
Then r there subfamilies in Malvaceae?
Pl dont tell me to refer the big shots.
In your crysp manner just tell me in few lines in which i can understand.
Madhuri

Balkar Arya

Sep 10, 2011, 8:44:51 PM9/10/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
Gorgeous Catch !!!!
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 10, 2011, 10:07:11 PM9/10/11
to Balkar Arya, Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
Yes a prize catch

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor