ALPINIA ZERUMBET

Col Bimal Sarkar

Aug 2, 2011, 10:38:54 AM8/2/11

Dear Friend,
                    Attaching two images of Alpinia zerumbet.It is known as Light Galangal.In Bangla it is known as Punnag Champa.It is common in the foot-hills of Assam /Arunachal.In fact I saw the plant near Baluk pong ( On way to Tanga from Tezpur ).Few plants are available at this place ( Cooch behar ),in undisturbed areas.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942b
Alpinia zerumbet 1.jpg
Alpinia zerumbet 2.jpg

Smilax004

Aug 2, 2011, 11:52:03 AM8/2/11
to Col Bimal Sarkar, indiantreepix
Thanks for sharing nice pictures of Alpinia zerumbet of Zingiberaceae
family (the ginger family).
Please visit the following link to further information, especially
about the uses of this species. Habit of the plant is also available
in the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpinia_zerumbet

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

>  Alpinia zerumbet 1.jpg
> 108KViewDownload
>
>  Alpinia zerumbet 2.jpg
> 87KViewDownload

Balkar Arya

Aug 2, 2011, 12:02:43 PM8/2/11
to Smilax004, Col Bimal Sarkar, indiantreepix
Nice Catch Col. Bimal Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

raju das

Aug 2, 2011, 1:46:52 PM8/2/11
to indiantreepix

From: Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com>
Date: Aug 2, 9:02 pm
Subject: ALPINIA ZERUMBET
To: efloraofindia

Nice Catch Col. Bimal Ji

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Smilax004 <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com>

Raju Das
Nature's Foster

--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

JM Garg

Sep 25, 2022, 9:15:09 AM9/25/22
to efloraofindia
Alpinia zerumbet 1.jpg
Alpinia zerumbet 2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 25, 2022, 9:16:56 AM9/25/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Bimal Sar kar
I think it will be Alpinia roxburghii Sweet (syn. Alpinia blepharocalyx K.Schum.), as per images and details herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 25, 2022, 9:50:17 AM9/25/22