Flora of Uttarakhand- Herb81 for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Nov 29, 2010, 11:25:46 PM11/29/10
to efloraofindia

Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around 11,000 ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Herb81 I2 IMG_4128.jpg
Herb81 I2 IMG_4129.jpg
Herb81 I IMG_4129.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 30, 2010, 4:13:01 AM11/30/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Saussurea hypoleuca !

Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

J.M. Garg

Nov 30, 2010, 10:02:28 PM11/30/10
to Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia

Thanks, Pankaj ji.

I think it matches with Saussurea deltoidea from Concise Flowers of Himalayas by Oleg Polunin & Adam Stainton. Saussurea hypoleuca is not mentioned in the book.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1460 members & 55,000 messages on 29/11/10 & with a database of around 4300 species on 31/10/10)

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Dec 12, 2010, 11:47:35 AM12/12/10
to efloraofindia
It is Saussurea hypoleuca.
Pankaj

On Dec 1, 8:02 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Pankaj ji.
>
> I think it matches with* Saussurea deltoidea* from Concise Flowers of
> Himalayas by Oleg Polunin & Adam Stainton. Saussurea hypoleuca is not
> mentioned in the book.
>
> On 30 November 2010 14:43, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Saussurea hypoleuca !
>
> > Pankaj
>
> > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:55 AM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around
> > 11,000
> > > ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).
>
> > > --
> > > With regards,
> > > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species &
> > > eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> > > alphabetically & place-wise):
> > >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use
> > them
> > > for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
> > > For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> > > please visit/ join our Google e-group-
> > > Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than
> > 1420
> > > members & 52,000 messages on 26/10/10 & with a database of around 4200
> > > species on 30/9/10)
>
> > --
> > "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>
> > Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> > Research Associate
> > Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
> > Department of Habitat Ecology
> > Wildlife Institute of India
> > Post Box # 18
> > Dehradun - 248001, India
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
> please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1460 members &

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2010, 12:10:38 AM12/13/10
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks, Pankaj ji,
Saussurea auriculata (DC.) Sch. (syn. Saussurea hypoleuca Spreng. ex C. B. Clarke) as per FON:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1465 members & 56,400 messages on 9/12/10 & with a database of around 4350 species on 15/11/10)