Pittosporum tobira Cv. variegata from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 13, 2011, 3:20:21 AM3/13/11
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
It was a pleasant surprise to see a plant so common as hedge plant in California being displayed in Delhi University Flowers show on 25 February, 2011. The shrub was displayed in pots and is evidently a young one. I am also appending flowers and fruits from California, where it flowers in winter, to complete the display.

Pittosporum tobira (Thunb.) W. T. Aiton, Hortus kew. ed. 2, 2:27. 1811.
syn:  Euonymus tobira Thunb

Cv. Variegata

Common names:Australian-laurel, Japanese pittosporum, mock orange

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pittospurum-tobira-variegata-DU-FS-Delhi-1.jpg
Pittospurum-tobira-variegata-DU-FS-Delhi-2.jpg
Pittosporum-tobira-variagata-California-1.jpg
Pittosporum-tobira-variagata-California-2.jpg

hari lal

Mar 13, 2011, 4:45:14 AM3/13/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
very nice sir thanks for sharing
hari shankar lal

On 3/13/11, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It was a pleasant surprise to see a plant so common as hedge plant in
> California being displayed in Delhi University Flowers show on 25 February,
> 2011. The shrub was displayed in pots and is evidently a young one. I am
> also appending flowers and fruits from California, where it flowers in
> winter, to complete the display.
>

> *Pittosporum tobira* (Thunb.) W. T. Aiton, Hortus kew. ed. 2, 2:27. 1811.
> syn: *Euonymus tobira* Thunb

tanay bose

Mar 13, 2011, 10:45:37 AM3/13/11
to hari lal, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Thanks Gurcharan ji I have seen this plant previously but
was not aware of the scientific name
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose