Garden Plant for ID : 100611 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 10, 2011, 2:11:12 AM6/10/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Muscat,Oman on the 28th of Jan, 2011.
A small bush,cultivated in the gardens.
Capparis sp?
Aarti
DSCN0341.JPG
DSCN0342.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 10, 2011, 8:53:37 AM6/10/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Looks like Myrtus communis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 10, 2011, 10:56:58 AM6/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
You seem to know all the plants!
Thanks for the id.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Sep 6, 2011, 1:46:04 AM9/6/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, Vijayadas, santhosh kumar es, pudji...@gmail.com, Pudji Widodo

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Looks like Myrtus communis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

DSCN0341.JPG
DSCN0342.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2011, 1:12:17 AM9/7/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, Vijayadas, santhosh kumar es, pudji...@gmail.com, Pudji Widodo
A reply:
"This is without doubt Myrtus communis

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR PhD, FIAT, FLS
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com"

H S

Sep 7, 2011, 1:43:14 AM9/7/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, Vijayadas, santhosh kumar es, pudji...@gmail.com, Pudji Widodo
yes Myrtus communis

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone