Malvaceae week : Thespesia populnea

Satish Phadke

Sep 10, 2011, 4:45:50 AM9/10/11
to indiantreepix
Malvaceae week : Thespesia populnea
Moderate sized tree. Common in Konkan. Also observed planted as avnue tree in many cities with its dark green foliage.
Flowers initially yellow with dark purple centre, later turn red orange. Marathi name : Paras Pimpal; Paras Bhendi. परस भेंडी
Dr Phadke
DSCN0469s.jpg
_MG_8312a.jpg
DSCN0462a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 10, 2011, 5:03:10 AM9/10/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes Satish ji
Very nice photographs

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 10, 2011, 12:54:50 PM9/10/11
to indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
R u sure Satishji? Because epicalyx is cup shaped and persistent in populnea as per my knowledge. It is not seen here.
Flower is beautiful.
Madhuri

mani nair

Sep 13, 2011, 3:52:27 AM9/13/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
Satish ji beautiful flower, the tree is also known by name Umbrella
tree as from a distance it looks like an open umbrella.
Regards,
Mani.

On 9/10/11, Madhuri Pejaver <formp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> R u sure Satishji? Because epicalyx is cup shaped and persistent in populnea
> as per my knowledge. It is not seen here.
> Flower is beautiful.
> Madhuri

hari lal

Sep 13, 2011, 6:27:18 AM9/13/11
to mani nair, Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
yes Thespesia populnea very nice photographing thanks for sharing
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Satish Phadke

Sep 13, 2011, 9:58:48 AM9/13/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix
Madhuri ji
Not aware of those details. The pictures are definitely of the mentioned plant. Next time will remember to take photos accordingly. Thanks for the info..