Cardiospermum halicacabum from Srinagar, Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 21, 2011, 9:13:54 AM9/21/11
to efloraofindia
Cardiospermum halicacabum L., Sp. pl. 1:366. 1753

Common names: balloonvineheart-pealesser balloonvinewinter-cherry

The herbaceous vive often cultivated for its attractive balloon shaped fruits. Photographed from Haiderpur colony, Srinagar, Kashmir

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Cardiospermum halicacabum-Haiderpur-Kashmir-1.jpg
Cardiospermum halicacabum-Haiderpur-Kashmir-2.jpg

Tanay Bose

Sep 21, 2011, 9:16:27 AM9/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
I have seen them in florist shops in  Vancouver.
They call them halloween lantern !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Sep 21, 2011, 9:43:47 AM9/21/11
to Tanay Bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice Catch Sir
here are mines from Panipat
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
cardiospermum halicacabum (1).JPG
cardiospermum halicacabum (3).JPG
cardiospermum halicacabum (8).JPG
Cardiospermum helicacabum-3.JPG

Madhuri Raut

Sep 21, 2011, 9:53:32 AM9/21/11
to Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice pics Gurcharanji and Balkarji
I had seen this attractive baloonvine some years back in my neighbours garden. I remember that it is a very fast growing vine and spreads rapidly.
Regards
Bhagyashri

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 22, 2011, 12:40:28 AM9/22/11
to Madhuri Raut, Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Informative pictorial compilation of flowers, fruits as well as the entire habitat.
Have seen it twinning around some of the bigger plants in the forest area of Pavagadh, Gujarat

Regards,
Shweta
--
Bhatt Shweta
Doctoral Research Student,

hari lal

Sep 22, 2011, 2:35:36 AM9/22/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Madhuri Raut, Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
nice sir very informative thanks
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Ushadi micromini

Sep 24, 2011, 2:52:11 AM9/24/11
to efloraofindia
Tanay... do they last till Halloween?
strange , it would be... up north...

"Balloon vine" was on my seed label ...

very nice....

Usha di
======

On Sep 22, 11:35 am, hari lal <taxo....@gmail.com> wrote:
> nice sir very informative thanks
>

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Bhatt Sweta <bhattsw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Informative pictorial compilation of flowers, fruits as well as the entire
> > habitat.
> > Have seen it twinning around some of the bigger plants in the forest area
> > of Pavagadh, Gujarat
>
> > Regards,
> > Shweta
>
> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Nice pics Gurcharanji and Balkarji
> >> I had seen this attractive baloonvine some years back in my neighbours
> >> garden. I remember that it is a very fast growing vine and spreads rapidly.
> >> Regards
> >> Bhagyashri

> > --
> > *Bhatt Shweta*
> > *Doctoral Research Student,*
> > M.S.U.
>
> --
> HARI SHANKAR LAL
> AT-SHIV KUTIR
> PO-BARA BAZAR
> DIST-HAZARIBAG
> PIN-825301
> JHARKHAND,INDIA
> MOBILE-9431530563
> EMAIL-taxo....@gmail.com

Ushadi micromini

Sep 24, 2011, 2:52:50 AM9/24/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya

very nice...
In herbal medicine gardens... I have seen a small/tiny seeded and a
very large seeded variety..
is there a there a difference?

Usha di
====

On Sep 22, 11:35 am, hari lal <taxo....@gmail.com> wrote:
> nice sir very informative thanks
>

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Bhatt Sweta <bhattsw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Informative pictorial compilation of flowers, fruits as well as the entire
> > habitat.
> > Have seen it twinning around some of the bigger plants in the forest area
> > of Pavagadh, Gujarat
>
> > Regards,
> > Shweta
>
> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Nice pics Gurcharanji and Balkarji
> >> I had seen this attractive baloonvine some years back in my neighbours
> >> garden. I remember that it is a very fast growing vine and spreads rapidly.
> >> Regards
> >> Bhagyashri

> > --
> > *Bhatt Shweta*
> > *Doctoral Research Student,*
> > M.S.U.
>
> --
> HARI SHANKAR LAL
> AT-SHIV KUTIR
> PO-BARA BAZAR
> DIST-HAZARIBAG
> PIN-825301
> JHARKHAND,INDIA
> MOBILE-9431530563
> EMAIL-taxo....@gmail.com

Tanay Bose

Sep 24, 2011, 10:03:12 AM9/24/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya
Hi Usha di.
I think they are found during the halloween
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.