Shrub for ID : 240511 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

May 24, 2011, 9:34:36 AM5/24/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Muscat,Oman on the 3rd of Sept, 2010.
Small shrubs. Some Cassia?
Aarti
P1090811.JPG
P1090812.JPG

shrikant ingalhalikar

May 24, 2011, 10:30:15 AM5/24/11
to efloraofindia
Senna italica Mill. subsp. italica syn C. italica (Mill.) Spreng. syn
C. obtusa Roxb. of Caesalpiniaceae. This plant also occurs in monsoon
in dry areas of peninsular India. In Maharashtra it is known as Bhui-
Tarwad. Regards, Shrikant
>  P1090811.JPG
> 211KViewDownload
>
>  P1090812.JPG
> 177KViewDownload

H S

May 25, 2011, 12:23:30 AM5/25/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Yes i agree with Shrikant ji its Senna italica Mill. [syn. Cassia italica (Mill.) Spreng.]
but I don't think so there is need to write subsp. italica.

unless someone is writing some other subsp. under the same species..

 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Aarti S. Khale

May 25, 2011, 1:35:10 AM5/25/11
to H S, le...@rediffmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Shrikant ji and H S ji,
Many thanks for the id.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

May 25, 2011, 3:20:13 AM5/25/11
to Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati, efloraofindia
Many thanks Dr Shiddamallayya ji for this id too.
Regards,
Aarti