VALMIKI : OBSERVER OF NATURE

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jul 30, 2011, 12:07:57 PM7/30/11
Dear Friend,
                    In Ramayan of Valmiki MUCHKUNDA has been metioned.Scientifically the tree is Pterospermum acerifolium.In some places it is known as Kanak-champa.I saw the tree first at Pachmarhi ( M P ).Attaching an image of a flowering branch of the tree.

Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942
Muchkunda.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jul 31, 2011, 1:05:35 PM7/31/11

Dear Friend,
                       CHIRABILVA has been mentioned by Valmiki in his Ramayan.Scientifically the tree is known as Holoptelea integrifolia.It is known as PAPRI or CHILBIL in Hindi.First time I saw this tree in Lucknow.I saw it again at Kanpur.Attaching an image of the tree.
Chirabilva.jpg