061110PR-3 Chennai - growing from one leaf

Padmini Raghavan

Nov 5, 2010, 4:10:28 PM11/5/10
to indiantreepix
A Zamioculcas zamiifolia  growing from just one leaf.
 Called the ZZ plant.
Rgds,
Padmini Raghavan.
Zamioculcus zamiofolia 001.jpg
Zamioculcus zamiofolia 004.jpg
Zamioculcus zamiofolia 006.jpg

tanay bose

Nov 5, 2010, 4:18:03 PM11/5/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Neat plant..
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 5, 2010, 4:25:05 PM11/5/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Zamioculcas zamiifolia Engl. Pflanzenr. (Engler) Arac.-Poth. 305.

Thanks a lot for sharing. I had been longing to know the name of this
plant since a long time...

Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 5, 2010, 4:29:36 PM11/5/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Yeah it does look like Zamia as the name suggest and infact when I saw
it for the first time, I bought it thinking of some Zamia, but
realised it was an angiosperm.
Regards
Pankaj

Vijayasankar

Nov 5, 2010, 5:39:42 PM11/5/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Interesting name!!! Tongue-twisting but!

Regards

Vijayasankar

mani nair

Nov 5, 2010, 9:33:15 PM11/5/10
to Vijayasankar, Pankaj Kumar, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Padmini ji, nice plant.  Is it flowering type?

Regards,

Mani.