Aerides maculosum-050611MN

mani nair

Jun 5, 2011, 8:39:38 AM6/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, gsam...@gmail.com, The Orchid Society of Karnataka
Dear friends,

Sending photos of Aerides maculosum orchid growing in our balcony.  The flower has slight fragrance.  This orchid was gifted by my friend Geeta two years ago and now it has started flowering.

Regards,

Mani.

aer.jpg
aer2.jpg
aer3.jpg
aer4.jpg
aer5.jpg

Balkar Arya

Jun 5, 2011, 9:55:31 AM6/5/11
to mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com, gsam...@gmail.com, The Orchid Society of Karnataka
Very Nice Mani Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Na Bha

Jun 5, 2011, 10:53:47 AM6/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
beautiful flowers Mani ji.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jun 5, 2011, 12:33:59 PM6/5/11
to efloraofindia
Firstly it should be Aerides maculosa, ending with an 'a'.
In the contrast can you share pics of Aerides crispa
You may please try to make a comparative plate of both. Both are found
in your locality.
Pankaj

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jun 5, 2011, 12:40:45 PM6/5/11
to efloraofindia
On second thoughts I have doubts over this :(..... being maculosa. Why
not crispa... I am always confused..
Pankaj

Smilax004

Jun 6, 2011, 1:34:43 AM6/6/11
to efloraofindia
Yes Pankaj ji. It is A. crispa. It always confuses.

Regards
Giby

mani nair

Jun 7, 2011, 3:32:49 AM6/7/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj ji, Balkar ji, Nalini ji and Giby ji for the appreciation.
Regards,
Mani.