amit ornamental uid 2 2852011

amit chauhan

May 28, 2011, 4:59:54 AM5/28/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Is it some Begonia sp ?

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Centre, Pantnagar, PO Dairy Farm Nagla, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand 263149
ph.05944 234445
mob.+919412161087
mail: amit...@gmail.com
amit...@rediffmail.com
amit.c...@cimap.res.in
IMG_4849.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 28, 2011, 5:20:58 AM5/28/11
to efloraofindia
What happened doc?
This is Rubiaceae, Musssaenda!! erythrophylla may be.
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

May 28, 2011, 7:43:36 AM5/28/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Or perhaps Mussaenda philippica 'Queen Sirikit' I had uploaded from Delhi. Begonia plants are delicate herbaceous plants.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

May 28, 2011, 11:53:04 PM5/28/11
to amit chauhan, efloraofindia
Dear Amit ji: Seems not to be begonia...that's for sure.....
we see these in Calcutta lot... giving color to gardens when there is
none... may be mussandra... not sure of the botnaical binomial name
though...
Usha di

------

On May 28, 1:59 pm, amit chauhan <amitci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Is it some Begonia sp ?
>
> regards
>
> --
> Dr. Amit Chauhan
> Junior Technical Assistant
> Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Centre,
> Pantnagar, PO Dairy Farm Nagla, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand
> 263149
> ph.05944 234445
> mob.+919412161087

> mail: amitci...@gmail.com
> amitci...@rediffmail.com
> amit.chau...@cimap.res.in
>
>  IMG_4849.JPG
> 495KViewDownload

amit chauhan

May 31, 2011, 12:01:42 AM5/31/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Sir,

I think species of Mussaenda have large showy petaloid sepals but in my plant the sepals are greenish and there are pink coloured petals

regards
mail: amit...@gmail.com
amit...@rediffmail.com
amit.c...@cimap.res.in

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 31, 2011, 1:44:54 AM5/31/11
to amit chauhan, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Mussaenda allright. There are so many kinds.
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Mahadeswara

Jun 1, 2011, 12:07:25 AM6/1/11
to efloraofindia
It is 100% Mussaenda species. This variety is common in Mysore too.
This could be Musssaenda!! erythrophylla as suggested by Pankaj ji
or Mussaenda philippica 'Queen Sirikit' as suggested by
Gurucharanji. Please check the details for further confirmation.
> > mail: amitci...@gmail.com
> > amitci...@rediffmail.com
> > amit.chau...@cimap.res.in
>
> --
> Anand Kumar Bhatt
> A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
> Gwalior. 474 005.
> Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
> My blogsite is at:http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
> (A NEW BLOG has been ADDED ON 12 April 2011.)
> And the photo site:www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/>(NEW PHOTOS HAVE BEEN ADDED ON 15

JM Garg

Aug 9, 2022, 12:15:32 PM8/9/22
to amit chauhan, efloraofindia
This appears close to images of Mussaenda cv. Marmelade
IMG_4849.JPG