SYMBIOSIS

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 7, 2011, 9:40:39 AM6/7/11
Dear Friend,
Attaching three imges of bird/plant symbiosis.
( a ) Bluethroated Barbet/Ficus benjamina
( b ) Purple Sunbird M/Thevetia
( c ) Pied Myna/Antidesma sp
You may like these.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942
Symbiosis 28.jpg
Symbiosis 29.jpg
Symbiosis 30.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 8, 2011, 10:12:21 AM6/8/11
Dear Friend,
Butterflies are very active these days.Sending an image of male of Great Eggfly,on flowers of Santalum album(CHANDAN ).yOU MAY LIKE IT.
Symbiosis 31.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 9, 2011, 9:56:10 AM6/9/11
Dear Friend,
            At this time of the year,Clerodendrum thomsoni (commonly known as Bleeding Heart )blooms here.There are two types,one with calyx white and the other with calyx pink.Both attaracts butterflies and Sunbirds.
Attaching an image of female of a Purple Sunbird on Clerodendrum thomsoni.You may like it.
Symbiosis 32.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 12, 2011, 10:32:45 AM6/12/11
Dear Friend,
I find flowers of Leucas aspera ( SHWET DRONA )are very popular to butterflies.Attaching an image of Blue Tiger butterfly on Lecus aspera.You may like it.
Symbiosis 33.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 14, 2011, 12:09:29 PM6/14/11
Dear Friend,
In 1998 I brught a sapling of Silky-leafed Passion-Flower ( Passiflora holosericea ) from Udhampur ( J&K )to Cooch Behar.The plant is thriving at this place.Sunbirds visit the flowers.Attaching an image of Purple Sunbird ( female ) on flower of this Passion Flower.You may like it.
Symbiosis 34.jpg

Mahadeswara

Jun 15, 2011, 8:02:06 AM6/15/11
to efloraofindia, Col Bimal Sarkar
It is great reporting of symbiosis. I always read your postings
with interest and stand to gain knowledge on the relationship between
the plants and mythology besides the great symbiosis of birds and
plants.
>  Symbiosis 28.jpg
> 77KViewDownload
>
>  Symbiosis 29.jpg
> 104KViewDownload
>
>  Symbiosis 30.jpg
> 64KViewDownload

surajitkoley

May 23, 2015, 10:30:04 AM5/23/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, colbima...@yahoo.com, colbima...@yahoo.com
Leucas aspera (Willd.) Link should have (ref. FoC) -
  • densely hispid many flowered globose verticillaster
  • hispid linear bracts as long as calyx
  • oblique calyx mouth, calyx hispid outside, teeth straight-triangular-spinescent apex
This species is not likely to be Leucas aspera (Willd.) Link.

This species is like to be L. lavandulifolia Smith.

Thank you

Regards

surajit koley