Nothopodytes oblonga syn. Mappia foetida

Rashida Atthar

Oct 2, 2010, 1:59:32 AM10/2/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Nothopodytes oblonga(Miers.) comb., One of the predominant flowering tree species seen last week at Amboli, Maharashtra.

regards,
Rashida.

Nothopodytes oblonga.JPG
Nothopodytes oblonga leaves flowers.JPG
Nothopodytes oblonga in the forefront on left..JPG

Satish Phadke

Oct 2, 2010, 2:58:22 AM10/2/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Same as "Narkya"?

Rashida Atthar

Oct 2, 2010, 3:24:47 AM10/2/10
to Satish Phadke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about the common name Satish ji. The following are the other synonyms if it

helps -1) N. nimmoniana(Graham) Mabberly, 2) Premna nimmoniana Graham, 3) Mappia

foetida Miers,  4) Stemonurus foetidus Wt.Spicil. Neilgherr. 5) Mappia tomentosa Miers 6)

Mappia oblonga Miers  7) Nothopodytes foetidus(Wt.)Sleumer 8) stemonurus foetidus

wight.

regards,
Rashida.

Smita Raskar

Oct 2, 2010, 7:44:58 AM10/2/10
to Rashida Atthar, Satish Phadke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes its Narakya..valuable medicinal plant
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

shobha chavda

Oct 4, 2010, 9:36:54 AM10/4/10
to efloraofindia
Rashidaji and Arvindji,
What is Nothapodytes nimmoniana then? I think that is "Narkya"

Shobha

On Oct 2, 4:44 pm, Smita Raskar <smita.ras...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes its Narakya..valuable medicinal plant
>
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Not sure about the common name Satish ji. The following are the other
> > synonyms if it
>
> > helps -1) N. nimmoniana(Graham) Mabberly, 2) Premna nimmoniana Graham, 3)
> > Mappia
>
> > foetida Miers,  4) Stemonurus foetidus Wt.Spicil. Neilgherr. 5) Mappia
> > tomentosa Miers 6)
>
> > Mappia oblonga Miers  7) Nothopodytes foetidus(Wt.)Sleumer 8) stemonurus
> > foetidus
>
> > wight.
>
> > regards,
> > Rashida.
>
> > On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Same as "Narkya"?

> --
> Smita raskar
> 308 Disha Residency,
> Salaiwada,Sawantwadi
> Phone(02363) 274153begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (02363) 274153      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
> Mob.9422379568

Rashida Atthar

Oct 4, 2010, 11:39:33 AM10/4/10
to shobha chavda, efloraofindia
Shobha ji you are correct,  that 's a synonym, I have mentioned in my earliar response.

regards,
Rashida.