efloraindia: 011011 BRS51

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Oct 1, 2011, 3:58:07 AM10/1/11
to efloraofindia
Pl. find the attached file contain a photo for Id. request.

Date/Time-Location- 2006
 Place, Altitude, GPS- Waynad.
Habitat- Urban (road side garden)
Plant Habit-  Herb-

Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

unknown from Waynad.jpg

Madhuri Raut

Oct 1, 2011, 4:13:34 AM10/1/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
pretty flowers
Regards
Bhagyashri

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2011, 4:43:52 AM10/1/11
to Madhuri Raut, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Tropaeolum californicum, the Garden Nasturtium

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Oct 1, 2011, 5:26:44 AM10/1/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Yes Sir We use seeds of this genera to show its embryo to students
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 1, 2011, 6:32:29 AM10/1/11
to efloraofindia
Why not Tropaeolum majus?
Pankaj

On Oct 1, 5:26 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Sir We use seeds of this genera to show its embryo to students
>

> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Tropaeolum californicum, the Garden Nasturtium
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> pretty flowers
> >> Regards
> >> Bhagyashri

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2011, 7:12:48 AM10/1/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes Pankaj ji it was a pure slip up. Mixed Eschscholzia and Trapaeolum
Yes Tropaeolm majus

Thanks for pointing out.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Muthu Karthick

Oct 2, 2011, 8:46:08 AM10/2/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Earlier discussion of the same plant here: https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/9cbeab566d699196/9181ae6dcabfe236?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Tropaeolum#
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust