Flora of Andaman33- 110111-PKA1

Prashant awale

Jan 11, 2011, 11:17:53 AM1/11/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I had seen this herb in shade of Licuala. Looks like some Araceae sp.?

Date/Time: 22-12-2010 / 01:15PM
Location: Near Mud Volcano site, Baratang, Andaman.
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Herb

regards
Prashant
IMG_2902.jpg
IMG_2901.jpg

tanay bose

Jan 11, 2011, 12:26:31 PM1/11/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Amorphophallus longistylus Kurz ex Hook. f.?
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2011, 4:22:39 AM4/23/11
to efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, sumathi.r...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, tanay bose, cory...@hotmail.com, manudevk...@gmail.com, jorge....@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Amorphophallus longistylus Kurz ex Hook. f.?
Tanay”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

IMG_2902.jpg
IMG_2901.jpg

Pascal Bruggeman

Apr 23, 2011, 5:06:33 PM4/23/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Only 2 Amorphophallus species occur at Andaman: Am. muelleri and Am.
longistylus. Because I was unfamiliar with the berries of longistylus
I have asked Amorphophallus expert Wilbert Hetterscheid and according
to him the shape of the fruits on the picture is more towards
muelleri. As this species is widespread and variable the markings on
the stalk are of little help. So not 100% certain but most likely Am.
muelleri.

Pascal

“*Amorphophallus longistylus Kurz ex Hook. f.?
*Tanay”

I had seen this herb in shade of Licuala. Looks like some Araceae sp.?

Date/Time: 22-12-2010 / 01:15PM
Location: Near Mud Volcano site, Baratang, Andaman.
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Herb

regards
Prashant

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1

The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand
species* &

eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/
Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian
Flora,

please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:http://
groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1580 members &
66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website:https://

sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/(with a species database of
around 4500 species)

 IMG_2902.jpg
181KViewDownload

 IMG_2901.jpg