Strobilanthes tomentosa From Shimla

Balkar Arya

Dec 31, 2010, 11:34:44 AM12/31/10
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Strobilanthes tomentosa

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Strobilanthes tomentosa.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa1.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa2.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa3.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa5.jpg

tanay bose

Dec 31, 2010, 1:11:01 PM12/31/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Nice catch balkar Ji
I think plant grows in warmer climate also
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Dec 31, 2010, 1:12:16 PM12/31/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Yes Tanay
also found in haryana

tanay bose

Dec 31, 2010, 1:35:32 PM12/31/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
thanks Balkar Ji for confirmation
tanay

Balkar Arya

Sep 29, 2011, 9:10:12 PM9/29/11
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Dear Friends
Today i caught a sily mistake in this post by me. From where i got the id then i dont know but Strobilanthes tomentosa even this combination does not exist on theplantlist.org.
sorry for this big mistake
I think this plant is Pteracanthus urticifolius
pls validate Thanks

J.M. Garg

Dec 24, 2011, 11:00:11 AM12/24/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, shreya....@gmail.com, Balkar Arya, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Dear Friends

Today i caught a sily mistake in this post by me. From where i got the id then i dont know but Strobilanthes tomentosa even this combination does not exist on theplantlist.org.
sorry for this big mistake
I think this plant is

Pteracanthus urticifolius
pls validate
Thanks” from Balkar ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1760 members & 1,00,000 messages on 21/12/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6000 species).

Strobilanthes tomentosa.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa1.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa2.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa3.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa5.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 1, 2012, 11:02:00 PM2/1/12
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, TANAY BOSE, amit chauhan

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Dear Friends

Today i caught a sily mistake in this post by me. From where i got the id then i dont know but Strobilanthes tomentosa even this combination does not exist on theplantlist.org.
sorry for this big mistake
I think this plant is
Pteracanthus urticifolius
pls validate
 Thanks” from Balkar ji.

Balkar ji, I think your plant is Strobilanthes dalhousieanus (Nees) C.B. Clarke characterisied by leaves with attenuated almost winged petiole and flowers in short heads or spikes

In S. urticifolia Wall. ex Kunth (syn: S. alatus Nees) the leaves are cordate at base and flowers in panicled spikes

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2015 members & 1,39,500 messages on 30/11/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).
Strobilanthes tomentosa.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa1.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa2.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa3.jpg
Strobilanthes tomentosa5.jpg

jmgarg1

Dec 23, 2012, 6:16:12 AM12/23/12
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, amit...@gmail.com, alokis...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, tanay...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, kisha...@rediffmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, aniltha...@gmail.com, saritadw...@gmail.com, Balkar Singh
A reply:
"It is Strobilanthes dalhousianus.
Krishan Lal"