efloraofindia:''For Id 01092011MR1’’ plant with blue flowers Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 1, 2011, 11:23:31 AM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Request for identification

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  small plant

Height/Length- about 1/2 feet to 1 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- light blue small flowers

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-Not seen

Regards

Bhagyashri

010920111591.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 1, 2011, 12:38:30 PM9/1/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
May be Ageratum of Asteraceae
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Tanay Bose

Sep 1, 2011, 6:44:57 PM9/1/11
to Balkar Arya, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Ageratum conyzoides?
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Ritesh Choudhary

Sep 1, 2011, 7:51:24 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Ageratum conyzoides from me too.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Ushadi micromini

Sep 1, 2011, 10:38:30 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
A wild weedy aster... I have seen it in at least three continents in
the end of summer early fall.. no digital photos to share though...

nice to know the scientific id of this weed...
though all weeds have have some other value...
now that I know the name, ca do some research , will share it if
something interesting turns up

Usha di

=========

Madhuri Raut

Sep 2, 2011, 3:49:06 AM9/2/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkarji,Tanayji,Riteshji and Ushadi
Regards
Bhagyashri

Pinki

Sep 2, 2011, 7:48:51 AM9/2/11
to efloraofindia
Ageratum conyzoides surely....have worked on this plant at NIPER for 2
years in a row.....

Alok
>  010920111591.jpg
> 361KViewDownload

Satish Phadke

Sep 2, 2011, 9:41:50 AM9/2/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
I agree to Ageratum conyzoides
Dr Phadke

H S

Sep 3, 2011, 2:20:57 AM9/3/11
to Satish Phadke, Pinki, efloraofindia
Ageratum conyzoides
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Madhuri Raut

Sep 3, 2011, 2:27:11 AM9/3/11
to H S, Satish Phadke, Pinki, efloraofindia
Thank you Alokji,Dr Phadke and Hemsanji
Regards
Bhagyashri