Flower ID Request

Amar

May 9, 2011, 1:10:56 PM5/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I captured this pic of a flower in Gangtok, Sikkim and I am not able to identify it. Please let me know what it could be...

Thanks and regards,

Amar
DSCF1887.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 9, 2011, 1:28:28 PM5/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I think Pericallis x hybrida (syn: Cineraria x hybrida, Senecio x hybridus). Please also include picture of lower leaves for confirmation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Amar

May 9, 2011, 1:35:40 PM5/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr. Singh,

I have attached a brightened crop of the image which also shows its leaves.

Amar
DSCF1887.JPG

Farida Abraham

May 9, 2011, 9:13:22 PM5/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
definitely a cineraria FA
--
Mrs. F. Abraham.
Principal,

Message has been deleted

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 15, 2011, 4:51:19 AM6/15/11
to efloraofindia, Amar, H S, Mahadeswara, Dinesh Valke
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Jun 15, 2011, 6:40:00 AM6/15/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Amar, H S, Mahadeswara, Dinesh Valke
may be calendula
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 1, 2011, 10:19:22 AM9/1/11
to efloraofindia, Amar, Balkar Arya, rajdeo singh
Resurfacing again for Id
DSCF1271.JPG