identity of the herb please?

Yazdy Palia

Oct 2, 2010, 5:07:40 AM10/2/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends, Could someone identify the little herb with white flowers.
Date & Time 1 October 2010
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb herb
Height, Length.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.
Regards
Yazdy

You have been sent 1 picture.

DSCN3452.JPG

DSCN3452.JPG

shrikant ingalhalikar

Oct 2, 2010, 6:18:20 AM10/2/10
to efloraofindia
I guess (from a long shot) this to be Spermacoce ocymoides of
Rubiaceae. Regards, Shrikant
>  DSCN3452.JPG
> 138KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2010, 12:08:53 PM10/23/10
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke, Dr. Santhosh Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN3452.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 23, 2010, 1:18:14 PM10/23/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke, Dr. Santhosh Kumar
Riccardia sp., Rubiaceae?
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 5, 2010, 7:59:00 PM11/5/10
to efloraofindia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I guess (from a long shot) this to be Spermacoce ocymoides of
Rubiaceae. Regards, Shrikant”

Riccardia sp., Rubiaceae?
Pankaj

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nov 8, 2010, 1:54:48 PM11/8/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
yes it is Spermacoce ocymoides not Richardia.
kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 8, 2010, 2:14:27 PM11/8/10
to C KUNHIKANNAN, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks for the correction. My apologies for the misidentification. But
it was Rubiaceae :)
Pankaj