Ceropegia hirsuta

Satish Phadke

Nov 2, 2010, 3:26:30 AM11/2/10
to indiantreepix
Ceropegia hirsuta
Another member from Asclepiadaceae now included in Apocynaceae I suppose.
A very small climber like herb. I think I had posted this earlier two years back.
Dr Phadke
Ceropegia hirsuta2.jpg
Ceropegia hirsuta.jpg
Ceropegia hirsuta1.jpg

Balkar Arya

Nov 2, 2010, 9:28:34 AM11/2/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Ati Sundar Satish Ji

Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 2, 2010, 9:47:27 AM11/2/10
to Balkar Arya, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Ceropegia hirsuta Wight & Arn. Contr. Bot. India 30 (1834).

Syn: Ceropegia hirsuta Hochst. ex Decne. Prodr. (DC.) 8: 644. 1844
(nom. inval.)

Type: Syntype - Robert Wight 1510, Neelgherries, India, s.d.
[Herbarium-Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (E)]

Ceropegia is derived from the Greek keros (wax) and pege (fountain),
referring to the appearance of the flower clusters.
hirsuta is for the the plant part being covered with hairs or the
surface is rough

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

TYPE C HIRSUTA E.jpg

tanay bose

Nov 2, 2010, 10:03:21 AM11/2/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Balkar Arya, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
A new plant for me
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Sharad Kambale

Nov 2, 2010, 10:08:24 PM11/2/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear All
            Ceropegia noorjahaniae.
Lovely plant named by Ansari after his Wife
C. noorjahanii.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 2, 2010, 10:23:24 PM11/2/10
to Sharad Kambale, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Sharad ji
Yours being a different and interesting species, kindly upload under a separate thread for proper representation in the data base.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 3, 2010, 12:52:24 AM11/3/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Sharad Kambale, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thats a cute name. Is it named after historical character or some
person of recent era!!
Pankaj

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Nov 3, 2010, 1:20:21 PM11/3/10
to efloraofindia
Ceropegia noorjahaniae M.A.Ansari J. Bombay Nat. Hist. Soc. 69(1): 250
(1972).

This is considered to be threatened in Maharastra.

Regards
Pankaj

On Nov 3, 9:52 am, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats a cute name. Is it named after historical character or some
> person of recent era!!
> Pankaj
>

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sharad ji
> > Yours being a different and interesting species, kindly upload under a
> > separate thread for proper representation in the data base.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Sharad Kambale <sksharad...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> Dear All
> >>             Ceropegia noorjahaniae.
> >> Lovely plant named by Ansari after his Wife
>
> >> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Nov 3, 2010, 1:30:45 PM11/3/10
to efloraofindia
Note the presence of three flower in one stalk which is unique
character of this taxa and differentiates noorjahaniae from a newly
described species Ceropegia bhatii.

Pankaj

On Nov 3, 9:52 am, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats a cute name. Is it named after historical character or some
> person of recent era!!
> Pankaj
>

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sharad ji
> > Yours being a different and interesting species, kindly upload under a
> > separate thread for proper representation in the data base.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Sharad Kambale <sksharad...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> Dear All
> >>             Ceropegia noorjahaniae.
> >> Lovely plant named by Ansari after his Wife
>
> >> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>

Satish Phadke

Nov 3, 2010, 2:32:32 PM11/3/10
to Sharad Kambale, indiantreepix
Sharad ji
It would be better if you post other species in different mail. We will get more interactions.
This thread is getting distracted. May I request you to please follow posting guidelines.
Dr Phadke