Malvaceae week : Abutilon indicum

Satish Phadke

Sep 10, 2011, 4:31:11 AM9/10/11
to indiantreepix
Malvaceae week :  Abutilon indicum
"Mudra" "Petari" पेटारी
Found on open spaces roadside. A common shrub.; Medicinal.
Regards
Dr Satish Phadke
Abutilon n5.jpg
Abutilon indicum5.jpg
Abutilon n1.jpg
Abutilon n2.jpg
Abutilon n4.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 10, 2011, 4:54:37 AM9/10/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
... Satish ji ... are they all same plant during different times ... somehow n1, n2 and n4 seem different, the buds and flower seem to be of Sida ... my perception could be wrong.
Regards.
Dinesh

Satish Phadke

Sep 10, 2011, 5:01:07 AM9/10/11
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
I didn't remember exactly. I checked the Exif data....
The image Abutilon indicum5 is July 2008 while rest of the images are oct 2009.
Igot your point the leaf pattern also appears different. Do you mean to say different species? You may be right.Wasn't aware of other species till recently.
Dr Phadke

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 10, 2011, 1:57:54 PM9/10/11
to indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
what beautiful combination of colours. Is this the only plant called petara?

Madhuri

H S

Sep 12, 2011, 2:53:42 AM9/12/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
yes even i thin no. 1, 2, and 4 look like some Sida species, and rest look A. indicum

regards
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 12, 2011, 5:33:26 AM9/12/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes I too support the views of Dinesh Ji and H S Ji.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD