Flowering plant for ID from Kukke | 17Jun2011AR01

raghu ananth

Jun 18, 2011, 9:21:28 AM6/18/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Could this flower be a Wax Mallow Malvaviscus arboreus var. drummondii
Malvaceae

Date/Time-

8th Nov 2010 07.40 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  K

ukke, South Canara dist.,  Western ghats

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Shrub, 4-5 ft

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Leaf -f

ew of them are  lobed,

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- Red,

6-9cms

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Not seen

Other Info: Aphids and Red Ant (~Weaver Ants) can be seen in the picture

Regards
Raghu

DSC_9610a Flower.jpg
DSC_9611c Plant.jpg
DSC_9611b Leaves.jpg
DSC_9611d Aphids.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 3, 2011, 2:13:08 AM9/3/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Dinesh Valke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Balkar Arya
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Sep 3, 2011, 4:27:52 AM9/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Balkar Arya
... yes Raghu ji ... my belief too: Malvaviscus arboreus var. drummondii.
Regards.
Dinesh

Balkar Arya

Sep 3, 2011, 10:31:09 AM9/3/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Yes

Malvaviscus arboreus var. drummondii

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

J.M. Garg

Dec 24, 2017, 2:20:31 AM12/24/17
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, DineshValke, GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya