Re: [efloraofindia:0] Under-shrub for ID 141010MK2

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 14, 2010, 6:27:58 AM10/14/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Urena lobata....
Pankaj

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> Please id this Tiliaceae member. I have not seen any flowers nor fruits in
> this plant.
> Location: Kancheepuram dist., TN [peri-urban area]
> Date: 10 10 2010
> Plant height: 1-1.5 M
> Leaf size:     5 x 8 cm
> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Junior Research Fellow
> Care Earth Trust
> Chennai - 61
> www.careearthtrust.org

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Muthu Karthick

Oct 14, 2010, 6:41:14 AM10/14/10
to rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
I think Urena lobata has still more lobate leaves.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM, rajdeo singh <rajde...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
definitely some Triumfetta, but sps not confirmed.

Regards,
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College,
Mumbai

Muthu Karthick

Oct 14, 2010, 6:19:50 AM10/14/10
to indiantreepix

Date: 10 10 2010

Plant height: 1-1.5 M
Leaf size:     5 x 8 cm
Dm 012.jpg
Dm 013.jpg

rajdeo singh

Oct 14, 2010, 6:29:28 AM10/14/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix

Smita Raskar

Oct 14, 2010, 8:16:55 AM10/14/10
to Muthu Karthick, rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
Triumfeta rhomboidea for sure:):)
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Smita Raskar

Oct 14, 2010, 8:18:00 AM10/14/10
to Muthu Karthick, rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
Still add pic. when it will flower

tanay bose

Oct 14, 2010, 9:51:25 AM10/14/10
to Smita Raskar, Muthu Karthick, rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
Urena lobata
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2010, 11:28:35 AM10/14/10
to tanay bose, Smita Raskar, Muthu Karthick, rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
Urena lobata, leaves in Triumfetta are much thinner.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Smita Raskar

Oct 14, 2010, 12:16:28 PM10/14/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
May be i was overconfident so wrong..but i have seen Urena lobata having many lobed leaf
attaching picture..may be this can be another variety or something if so tell me name of this plant too
Urenea lobata.JPG

Vijayasankar

Oct 14, 2010, 12:21:59 PM10/14/10
to Smita Raskar, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
Smita ji, your plant is Urena lobata subsp. sinuata, to be precise.

Regards

Vijayasankar

Smita Raskar

Oct 14, 2010, 12:23:28 PM10/14/10
to Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
Thanks for id

Muthu Karthick

Oct 15, 2010, 1:42:45 AM10/15/10
to Smita Raskar, Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, rajdeo singh, indiantreepix
Dear all,
Many thanks for the id and clarifications. Now I got clear about the subspecies at Urena lobata shrub.
Will hunt for its flowers hereafter.
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 06