Flora of Haryana- Cuscuta chinensis from National Dairy Research Institute Karnal

Balkar Arya

Jul 19, 2011, 10:30:27 AM7/19/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Cuscuta chinensis

From NDRI Campus Karnal growing as wild
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Cuscuta chinensis (1).JPG
Cuscuta chinensis (2).JPG
Cuscuta chinensis (3).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 19, 2011, 11:01:14 AM7/19/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
How about C. reflexa?. Please see close up of flowers in second photograph. Perhaps a clear close up of flower or fruit should help.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Jul 19, 2011, 11:11:40 AM7/19/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Sir Flowers were about half of the size of cuscuta reflexa. Stem was just like thick filament. much thinner as compared to C reflexa. typical bell shape of the flowers was not there
At present i dont have any more photo sending high resolution close up of the second photo for clarification
Cuscuta closeup1.jpg

Mahadeswara

Jul 20, 2011, 3:17:56 AM7/20/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks for posting the flowers of Cuscuta c.

On Jul 19, 7:30 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> *Cuscuta chinensis*
> *
> *From NDRI Campus Karnal growing as wild
> --
> Regards
>
> Dr Balkar Singh
> Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
> Arya P G College, Panipat
> Haryana-132103
> 09416262964
>
>  Cuscuta chinensis (1).JPG
> 709KViewDownload
>
>  Cuscuta chinensis (2).JPG
> 260KViewDownload
>
>  Cuscuta chinensis (3).JPG
> 263KViewDownload

Balkar Singh

Nov 1, 2011, 9:18:29 PM11/1/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
More Pics from a village in Karnal Haryana
Cuscuta (1).JPG
Cuscuta (14).JPG
Cuscuta (2).jpg
Cuscuta (3).JPG
Cuscuta (4).JPG
Cuscuta (5).jpg
Cuscuta (6).JPG
Cuscuta (7).JPG
Cuscuta (8).JPG
Cuscuta (13).JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Nov 2, 2011, 2:17:03 AM11/2/11
to Balkar Singh, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Any picture of mature fruits?

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Balkar Singh

Nov 2, 2011, 2:26:43 AM11/2/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Giby ji I have already added all pics available  with me

Giby Kuriakose

Nov 2, 2011, 2:47:21 AM11/2/11
to Balkar Singh, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Please recall our discussion in your earlier post (C. reflexa) the key in FOC is as folows.. (I have taken part which is necessary of the entire key)

Please check the same

4 (2) Capsule entirely enclosed by withered corolla, circumscissile; corolla lobes keeled Cuscuta chinensis
+Capsule subtended by withered corolla, irregularly dehiscent; corolla lobes flat.  (5)

5 (4) Corolla lobes ovate or oblong, apex obtuse to rounded, often erect; corolla scales less than 1/2 as long as tube, deeply 2-cleft  Cuscuta australis
+Corolla lobes broadly triangular, apex acute or obtuse, often reflexed; corolla scales ca. as long as corolla tube, reaching throat, deeply fimbriate  Cuscuta campestris this was the one I got from Waynad

Regards,
Giby

J.M. Garg

Sep 6, 2017, 3:58:28 AM9/6/17
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
I think it should be Cuscuta campestris Yunck. as per keys as per Flora of China

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Cuscuta (1).JPG