Is this a grafted Madhuca Indica sapling?

Rakesh Biswas

Jun 3, 2011, 4:51:58 AM6/3/11
to indiantreepix
We had visited SFRI, Jabalpur this week for obtaining a grafted 'Madhuca Indica' sapling but were told this would not be possible for them to provide now as they had to meet their targets for the panchayat etc.

So we decided to come back to Bhopal with a non grafted Madhuca Indica, planning to graft one ourselves. However looking at the sapling closely we were wondering if this was after all a grafted 'Madhuca Indica' given to us by mistake.

Would it be possible for the experts to look at the attached morphological details ( which i hope are detailed enough) and provide their valuable comments.

warm regards,

rakesh
close up of the possibly grafted area of Madhuca.jpg
Madhuca Sapling full.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2011, 3:17:58 AM9/4/11
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, mani....@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, jnur...@gmail.com, hsb...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, landd...@hotmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, ajinky...@gmail.com

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)