VALMIKI : OBSERVER OF NATURE

Col Bimal Sarkar

Apr 28, 2011, 9:47:09 AM4/28/11
Dear Friend,
Attaching two images of VARUNA,as mentioned by Valmiki in his Ramayan.This tree is known as Crataeva religiosa in scientific language.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942
Varuna 1.jpg
Varuna 2.jpg

JM Garg

Sep 30, 2016, 2:48:23 AM9/30/16
to efloraofindia, Varun Sharma, Bimal Sar kar
Hi, Bimal ji.
Pl. check with Crateva magna (Lour.) DC. as per images herein & as per keys & distribution at BSI (eFlora of India) with details & keys
There seems to be no distribution of C. religiosa G.Forst. in west Bengal.
Varuna 1.jpg
Varuna 2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 1, 2016, 10:27:27 AM10/1/16
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sarkar
Thanks, Bimal ji.
There has been lot of confusion in this genera. Hopefully we are able to remove it in time to come.