please conform it is Artocarpus hirsutas.........

prasanna gogate

May 21, 2011, 10:52:41 PM5/21/11
to efloraofindia, shrikant ingalhalikar, Avinash
dear all

there no chance to catch photograph clearly. so i have captured photo of fallen leaves. seeds are small than our regular artocarpus heterophyllus. please id the plant . trees are very huge above 30 m. in sacred groove. it is captured in deo

prasanna gogate
DSC03259.JPG
DSC03260.JPG
DSC03268.JPG
DSC03269.JPG
DSC03270.JPG
DSC03276.JPG

tanay bose

May 21, 2011, 11:35:47 PM5/21/11
to prasanna gogate, efloraofindia, shrikant ingalhalikar, Avinash
Hi Prasanna Ji,
I think you are correct about this tree being Artocarpus hirsutus
I believe that you have photographed this tree somewhere from Southern India.

Thanks
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2011, 5:25:51 AM8/27/11
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, prasanna gogate, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I think you are correct about this tree being Artocarpus hirsutus

I believe that you have photographed this tree somewhere from Southern India.

Thanks

Tanay”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

DSC03259.JPG
DSC03260.JPG
DSC03268.JPG
DSC03269.JPG
DSC03270.JPG
DSC03276.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 27, 2011, 9:07:27 AM8/27/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, prasanna gogate, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
Yes this is Artocarpus hirsutus Lam. of Moraceae family.

Regards,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

J.M. Garg

Aug 29, 2011, 1:08:13 AM8/29/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, tanay bose, prasanna gogate, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
A reply:
"Absolutely, Artocarpus hirsutus Lam
Santhosh"

Thanks, Dr. Santhosh.