California poppy (Eschscholzia californica)

Satish Phadke

Jun 29, 2011, 7:32:41 PM6/29/11
to indiantreepix
California poppy (Eschscholzia californica) State flower of California USA
Family :: Papaveraceae
Observed in abundance in California.
Dr Phadke
_MG_3016s.jpg
_MG_3018s.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 29, 2011, 9:20:16 PM6/29/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes Satish ji
Found it very common in our apartment area

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Jun 29, 2011, 11:16:48 PM6/29/11
to efloraofindia
Yes, your pictures are of the native california poppy...
many cultivars exist... many colors...mostly pink-yellow family
pastels....
and many variations in thickness/ delicacy of the petals...
mostly grown by design... but some escape, and can be found...
do not know if the pastel colors have naturalized, at least in
california?

usha di
=======