identification

Suresh Brar

Jun 21, 2011, 6:15:50 AM6/21/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Taken at Gurgaon (Haryana). June 2011.
Kindly Id.
Regard.
Suresh

123.jpg
13.jpg
34.jpg

H S

Jun 21, 2011, 9:08:28 AM6/21/11
to Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I guess Prosopis juliflora

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

Nidhan Singh

Jun 21, 2011, 12:41:52 PM6/21/11
to H S, Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes,
Prosopis juliflora.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 21, 2011, 11:54:33 PM6/21/11
to Nidhan Singh, H S, Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Prosopis juliflora

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati

Jun 22, 2011, 1:08:18 AM6/22/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Nidhan Singh, H S, Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Prosopis juliflora is the synonym for Prosopis chilensis
--
Dr. Shiddamallayya N,
Survey of Medicinal Plant Unit

Pinki

Jun 22, 2011, 3:10:00 AM6/22/11
to efloraofindia
Prosopis juliflora or Muskat or Muskat kikkar

Alok
>  123.jpg
> 234KViewDownload
>
>  13.jpg
> 204KViewDownload
>
>  34.jpg
> 299KViewDownload

Suresh Brar

Jun 23, 2011, 1:25:38 AM6/23/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Taken at Uttrakhand. Dec2010.
Kindly Id.
Regard.
Suresh
IDtj.jpg
idntigh.jpg

prasad dash

Jun 23, 2011, 4:56:53 AM6/23/11
to Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Zingiber roseum

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

H S

Jun 23, 2011, 11:49:27 AM6/23/11
to prasad dash, Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
yes Zingiber roseum is very common in Uttrakand

regards,

Suresh Brar

Jun 24, 2011, 1:04:32 AM6/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Taken at Uttrakhand.Dec2010.
Kindly Id.
Regard.

Suresh Brar
Project Head

UNIVERSAL CARE
(Social Upliftiment and Development Socity)
B-47, Ground Floor, Palam Vyapar Kendra
Palam Vihar, Gurgaon-122017 (Haryana)
Tel:-0124-4074671,  Mob: 08802636764
45.jpg
IDN.jpg
xccc.jpg

sheetal chaudhari

Jun 24, 2011, 1:23:05 AM6/24/11
to Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Ipomoea hederifolia family Convolvulaceae

Sheetal Pachpande

Mayur Nandikar

Jun 24, 2011, 2:11:45 AM6/24/11
to sheetal....@gmail.com, Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
yes Sheetal ji you are right.
In Marathi commonly called it as Ganeshvel
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 24, 2011, 10:10:57 AM6/24/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
Prosopis juliflora and P. chilensis are both accepted names and distinct species according to GRIN and The Plant List

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

H S

Jun 24, 2011, 10:52:15 AM6/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pinki, efloraofindia
Yes Prosopis juliflora and Prosopis chilensis are distinct species

regards,

Suresh Brar

Jun 25, 2011, 1:18:03 AM6/25/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Taken at Ranikhet in Uttrakhand. April 2011.
Kindly Id.
Regard.

Suresh Brar

picture 2.jpg
picture3.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Jun 27, 2011, 7:34:50 AM6/27/11
to efloraofindia
this is a camellia flower bud....
A very common flower in North, Northeast India
AND PLEASE >>>> MR SURESH BRAR>>>HEAD OF A Project

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ID REQUESTS SEPARATELY
if writing a proper re: label is difficult as per the guidelines ....
please just do at least BRAR ID REQUEST 001, BRAR ID REQUEST 002 etc
It would be easy to maintain the database... and less confusing to the
members....
about finding out which answer belongs to which photo....

Thank you....
Usha di
>  picture 2.jpg
> 208KViewDownload
>
>  picture3.jpg
> 395KViewDownload

Vijayadas D

Jun 30, 2011, 3:52:11 AM6/30/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

  I am seeking your help to identify one strange plant from my compound  , thought to be came possibly through potting soil.

Herb , 1.4 m hieght

--
Vijayadas
Electro Saudi Services Ltd.

DSCN3179.JPG
DSCN3182.JPG

H S

Jun 30, 2011, 4:32:48 AM6/30/11
to Vijayadas D, efloraofindia
I guess Tobaco plant.

regards,

On 6/30/11, Vijayadas D <dvija...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am seeking your help to identify one strange plant from my compound ,
> thought to be came possibly through potting soil.
>
> Herb , 1.4 m hieght
>
> --

> *Vijayadas
> **Electro Saudi Services Ltd. *
> *Salwa Garden Village, PB -7210
> Riyadh -11462 , KSA
> *

Madhuri Pejaver

Jun 30, 2011, 5:18:03 AM6/30/11
to efloraofindia, Vijayadas D
 Dear Vijaydas ji
Datura sp.
great! It looks so beautiful as if you have kept a big bunch in a rock garden
Madhuri

H S

Jun 30, 2011, 5:46:27 AM6/30/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, Vijayadas D
Its not Datura, Its Nicotiana tobacum (Tobacco plant)

Regards,

Na Bha

Jun 30, 2011, 9:45:43 AM6/30/11
to H S, Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, Vijayadas D
N. Rustica?

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 30, 2011, 10:00:45 AM6/30/11
to Na Bha, H S, Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, Vijayadas D
H S is right, it is Nicotiana tabacum
N. rustica has nearly bell shaped yellowish-green smaller flowers.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Vijayadas D

Jun 30, 2011, 10:26:31 AM6/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Na Bha, H S, Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia
have any flower color variation for Nicotiana tobaco ?

Pardeshi S.

Jun 30, 2011, 12:31:52 PM6/30/11
to efloraofindia
I have observed N. tobacco with white with pink tinge as well as
Pinkish colored ones at Bihar.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Jun 30, 7:26 pm, Vijayadas D <dvijaya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> have any flower color variation for Nicotiana tobaco ?
>

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > H S is right, it is Nicotiana tabacum
> > N. rustica has nearly bell shaped yellowish-green smaller flowers.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM, Na Bha <nabha-megh...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >> N. Rustica?
>
> >> Am 30.06.2011 11:46, schrieb H S:
>
> >> Its not Datura, Its Nicotiana tobacum (Tobacco plant)

Ushadi micromini

Jun 30, 2011, 11:55:57 PM6/30/11
to efloraofindia

At first glance, the leaves reminded me of TWO: the Verbascum and
Nicotiana species...

but closer look at the Plant habit and flowers clinched it for me:
its Tobacco plant...Nicotiana tabacum...

escaped from cultivation I guess....
Usha di
======

On Jun 30, 12:52 pm, Vijayadas D <dvijaya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>   I am seeking your help to identify one strange plant from my compound  ,
> thought to be came possibly through potting soil.
>
> Herb , 1.4 m hieght
>
> --
>  *Vijayadas
> **Electro Saudi Services Ltd.         *
> *Salwa Garden Village, PB -7210
> Riyadh -11462 , KSA
> *
>
>  DSCN3179.JPG
> 368KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN3182.JPG
> 2816KViewDownload

Vijayadas D

Jul 1, 2011, 3:00:30 AM7/1/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all

    I am thank ful to everybody   for your help in identification.

Vijayadas

--
Vijayadas
Electro Saudi Services Ltd.