DV :: 22JAN11 - 0840 :: climber at Kulang

Dinesh Valke

Feb 1, 2011, 11:19:56 AM2/1/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
A climber sighted at Kulang gad, near Ghoti, Nasik.
Found it to be climbing on tall trees, with lot of flowers fallen below on the trail.
ID please.

Date/Time
: January 22, 2011 at 8.40am IST
Location Place : along mountain trail to Kulanggad, a hill fort near Ghoti, Nasik
Altitude863 m (above mean sea level)
GPS : 19.599219 N, 73.646627 E
Habitat : mixed deciduous forest
Habit
: climber

Regards
Dinesh
P1320362.jpg
P1320349.jpg
P1320351.jpg
P1320353.jpg
P1320354.jpg
P1320357.jpg

Prashant awale

Feb 1, 2011, 11:30:50 AM2/1/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Dinesh,
I think this is "Elaeagnus conferta" (Elaeagnaceae Family). Its fruit is edible.
regards
Prashant

Dinesh Valke

Feb 1, 2011, 11:35:34 AM2/1/11
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Convinced dear Prashant ... thank you very much for the prompt ID.
Regards
Dinesh

tanay bose

Feb 1, 2011, 2:21:41 PM2/1/11
to Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Yes Elaeagnus conferta sometimes known as wild olives !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

sheetal chaudhari

Feb 2, 2011, 4:26:41 AM2/2/11
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, efloraofindia
The fruits of Eleagnus tastes very good.

Regards,
Sheetal Pachpande

JM Garg

Oct 1, 2019, 8:22:52 AM10/1/19
to efloraofindia
P1320362.jpg
P1320349.jpg
P1320351.jpg
P1320353.jpg
P1320354.jpg
P1320357.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 1, 2019, 8:23:45 AM10/1/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
Taking this as Elaeagnus latifolia L. in view of discussions under thread: Confusion in Elaeagnus species in Flora of Peninsular India

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

P1320362.jpg
P1320349.jpg
P1320351.jpg
P1320353.jpg
P1320354.jpg
P1320357.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Oct 1, 2019, 8:51:16 AM10/1/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Garg ji, thanks.
Will revise my notes accordingly in short time.
Regards.
Dinesh