Flora of Uttarakhand- Grass5 for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2010, 12:11:50 AM12/21/10
to efloraofindia

Wild herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around 11,000 ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Grass5 I2 IMG_4452.jpg
Grass5 I3 IMG_4450.jpg
Grass5 I IMG_4450.jpg
Grass5 I IMG_4451.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 13, 2011, 9:30:12 PM1/13/11
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, Dr.ANIL KUMAR, J.M. Garg
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2011, 4:08:40 AM4/25/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com

Apr 26, 2011, 12:40:13 AM4/26/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, H S
A reply from Alfred ji;
"Look like some Setaria sps.
--
 - H.S."

Rani Bhagat

Apr 26, 2011, 1:05:36 AM4/26/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, H S
Check for Setaria glauca
--
Say yes to yes and no to no
Rani Bhagat

amit chauhan

Apr 26, 2011, 2:25:26 AM4/26/11
to Rani Bhagat, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, H S
To me it looks like Polypogon species because Stipa have twisted awns
characteristically

regards

Amit

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

Gurcharan Singh

May 20, 2011, 8:58:48 AM5/20/11
to amit chauhan, Rani Bhagat, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, H S
To me also it looks like Setaria glauca

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Aug 26, 2011, 1:25:02 AM8/26/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Shrirang Ramchandra Yadav, Gurcharan Singh, amit chauhan, H S, Rani Bhagat

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Look like some Setaria sps.” from HS ji.

“Check for Setaria glauca” from Rani Bhagat ji.

“To me it looks like Polypogon species because Stipa have twisted awns
characteristically

regards

Amit”

"To me also it looks like Setaria glauca
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

Sep 5, 2012, 4:27:27 AM9/5/12
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, pritis...@gmail.com, mach...@gmail.com, Gurcharan Singh, amit chauhan, Rani Bhagat, H S

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Grass5 I2 IMG_4452.jpg
Grass5 I3 IMG_4450.jpg
Grass5 I IMG_4450.jpg
Grass5 I IMG_4451.jpg

Anil Kumar

Sep 5, 2012, 6:24:07 AM9/5/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, pritis...@gmail.com, mach...@gmail.com, Gurcharan Singh, amit chauhan, Rani Bhagat, H S
it is setaria glauca

Dr anil

jmgarg1

Sep 8, 2012, 2:19:10 AM9/8/12
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Shrirang Ramchandra Yadav, Gurcharan Singh, amit chauhan, H S, Rani Bhagat
A reply:
"Hai  everybody !
Grass in image 4452 is Oryzopsis (Piptatherum) aequiglumis. You can see both new spikelet with the single floret and old spikelet with only glumes left behind.
Grasses in image 4450 is Phleum himalaicum. The key provided in Floras is confusing, but this image matches well with the type specimen. The main identification character is that both the glumes are very acuminate and the short cylindric spikelet.
Grass in image 4451 is a variety of Festuca rubra (foreground). There is a mature inflorescence of Phleum himalaicum with spikelets falling towards the right of the photo. The grass with fine spikelets hanging in a panicle in the background seems to be Eremopoa persica.
Regards...
Manoj Chandran"

Thanks a lot, Manoj ji.
--