Fwd: AMAZON LILY

J.M. Garg

Mar 17, 2011, 1:38:12 AM3/17/11
to efloraofindia, Col Bimal Sarkar
Forwarding pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Col Bimal Sarkar <colbima...@yahoo.com>
Date: 29 January 2011 19:24
Subject: AMAZON LILY

Dear Friend,
           Sometime in 1991 I saw a beautiful white lily in one of the gardens at Pachmarhi.I did not know the name of that flower at that time.I saw the same flower at Brig S N Chaterjee's house at Tezpur in 2002.By this time I knew the flower to be Amazon Lily (Eucharis amazonica ).Brig Chaterjee was nice to present me the plant in a pot.I carried that plant with me to Cooch Behar.It has multipled and bears beautiful sweet scented flowers.Attaching an image of this beautiful flower.You may like it.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1550 members & 64,000 messages on 28/2/11 & with a database of around 4500 species on 15/12/10)

Amazon Lily 1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 8, 2011, 12:04:36 AM4/8/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Col Bimal Sarkar
Resurfacing again

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Senthilkumar

Apr 8, 2011, 12:43:15 AM4/8/11
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Col Bimal Sarkar
Dear Mr. Sarkar

According to me, it is Eucharis grandiflora Sir.

Regards
SENTHIL

--
Senthilkumar U.
ATREE &

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Apr 8, 2011, 12:55:11 AM4/8/11
to efloraofindia
This could be Eucharis but not grandiflora. The strap shaped leaves
dont match.
Pankaj

On Apr 8, 9:43 am, Senthilkumar <sensonsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Sarkar
>
> According to me, it is Eucharis grandiflora Sir.
>
> Regards
> SENTHIL
>
> On 8 April 2011 09:34, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Resurfacing again
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:08 AM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Forwarding pl.

Gurcharan Singh

May 6, 2011, 8:26:05 AM5/6/11
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Senthilkumar, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier Feedback

Senthikumar ji...................................................According to me, it is Eucharis grandiflora Sir.

Pankaj ji.........................................................This could be Eucharis but not grandiflora. The strap shaped leaves
dont match.

.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Amazon Lily 1.jpg

JM Garg

Jun 27, 2017, 1:46:32 AM6/27/17
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar
Eucharis amazonica as per another thread.
Amazon Lily 1.jpg