Flower ID Request (5-6-2011)

Amar

Jun 5, 2011, 6:53:42 AM6/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I captured this pic of a flower in Gangtok, Sikkim and I am not able to identify it. Please let me know what it could be...

Thanks and regards,

Amar
DSCF1344.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 5, 2011, 6:58:29 AM6/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Amar

Dear Amar
 please include at least some leaves in the photograph. For proper identification also provide information about habitat (wild or cultivated), height of plant, whether there are any leaves on stem, or all basal, size of leaves, diameter of flower-head, etc.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Amar

Jun 6, 2011, 1:22:52 PM6/6/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Amar
Hi Dr. Singh,

I have attached another crop of the image. From what I remember, it was a potted plant, so it was not a wild plant. It had grown to about two feet from the base of the pot. From what I can make out in this crop, there were no leaves on the stems, but there seem to be some leaves at the base. So I guess it has basal leaves. I am afraid they are not discernible in the photograph I have.

Thanks and regards,

Amar
DSCF1344_2.JPG

Gurcharan Singh