dillenia pentagyna

Mohina Macker

Apr 23, 2011, 7:36:43 AM4/23/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
in preparation to recieve rains many deciduos trees are showing new leaf. even though it is blisteringly hot, shiny red leaves which quickly turn green have started appearing.
a new leaf on the slow growing dillenia pentagyna or karmal
regards
mohina macker
IMG_0041 aa.jpg

Joshi Pankaj

Apr 23, 2011, 7:48:12 AM4/23/11
to Mohina Macker, indian...@googlegroups.com
Very interesting observation...may be...due to change in climate??

Pankaj N. Joshi, M.Sc. Ph.D
Scientist
Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE)
Post Box # 83, Opp. Changleshwar Temple,
Mundra Road, Bhuj- Kachchh
Gujarat: 370 001 (India)
Phone: +91 2832 235025, 329408; Fax: 235027

Apr 25, 2011, 2:13:24 AM4/25/11
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Joshi Pankaj
Hi Neil and Joshi Pankaj
It is possible, but only the newly planted saplings are watered
I don't have an older dellinia pentagyna, but most older other trees, which are definitely not watered, are showing new leaf.
In any case I dont have any observations from earlier years, so it is not possible to make comparisons.
regards
mohina macker