DV :: 31MAR11 - 1125 :: asclepiad climber at Dubare

Dinesh Valke

Apr 12, 2011, 11:21:04 AM4/12/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
ID please.

Delicate asclepiad climber rising on a tree (could be mango tree).
Could not get any nearer to the plant ... therefore had to be content with long shots.

Date/Time
: March 31, 2011 at 11.25am IST
Location Place : near Dubare Elephant Camp, Karnataka ... 12.371875, 75.903808 on Google maps
Altitude
: 2782 ft (above mean sea level)

Regards.
Dinesh
P1360634.JPG
P1360629.JPG
P1360630.JPG

Neil Soares

Apr 12, 2011, 1:23:21 PM4/12/11
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Hi Dinesh,
   Looks like Tylophora dalzelli on a Jambul [Syzygium cumini] tree.
                       Regards,
                        Neil.

Dinesh Valke

Apr 12, 2011, 1:55:11 PM4/12/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Many thanks Neil ji for the ID (and for correcting the tree too).
The number of flowers per cluster seem less ... is such variation normal ?

Regards.
Dinesh

Neil Soares

Apr 12, 2011, 10:47:06 PM4/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Hi Dinesh,
  Am not so concerned about the lack of flowers as I am about the lack of leaves [while flowering].

Dinesh Valke

Apr 13, 2011, 12:37:05 AM4/13/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Many thanks Neil ji.
Have pointed to some leaves that could be made out ... BUT, if you have already noticed them, your concern remains pending.

Dear friends / Neil ji ... is / are there any species close to Tylophora dalzellii ?

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Apr 13, 2011, 12:38:16 AM4/13/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
... forgot to attach the photo..
P1360630.jpg

Muthu Karthick

Apr 20, 2011, 2:02:11 AM4/20/11
to Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Previous relevant discussions: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/indiantreepix/Tylophora/indiantreepix/tR7cRQ94lpU/Vp0q9iO9Qj4J

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2011, 6:38:49 AM8/8/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, navend...@gmail.com, Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, Muthu Karthick

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like Tylophora dalzelli on a Jambul [Syzygium cumini] tree.
                       Regards,
                        Neil. ”

“ Am not so concerned about the lack of flowers as I am about the lack of leaves [while flowering].
                 Regards,
                  Neil.”

“Previous relevant discussions: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/indiantreepix/Tylophora/indiantreepix/tR7cRQ94lpU/Vp0q9iO9Qj4J” from Muthu ji.

Sep 28, 2011, 5:32:32 AM9/28/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Neil Soares, Muthu Karthick, manudev madhavan, Giby Kuriakose

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like Tylophora dalzelli on a Jambul [Syzygium cumini] tree.
                       Regards,
                        Neil. ”

“ Am not so concerned about the lack of flowers as I am about the lack of leaves [while flowering].
                 Regards,
                  Neil.”

“Previous relevant discussions: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/indiantreepix/Tylophora/indiantreepix/tR7cRQ94lpU/Vp0q9iO9Qj4J” from Muthu ji.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Sep 28, 2011, 7:27:43 AM9/28/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Neil Soares, Muthu Karthick, manudev madhavan, Giby Kuriakose
Many thanks Gurcharan ji for resurfacing my query.
Am convinced with Neil ji's ID of Tylophora dalzellii ... yet if otherwise, comments are welcome.

Regards.
Dinesh