Orchidaceae: Dendrobium crepidatum Lindl. & Paxton

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 10, 2011, 1:19:23 PM2/10/11
to indiantreepix
Dendrobium crepidatum Lindl. & Paxton, Paxton's Fl. Gard. 1: 63 (1850).

Family: Orchidaceae
Habit: Epiphyte or Lithophyte

Note: This is my first ever made painting of the orchid. Painted in
the evening today. Just thought of sharing, though it is not good at
all. But I learnt and will try to improvise. Hopefully next time I
would be able to make something better. Some spots on the image are
because the painting got stuck on the scanner screen.

Attached files:
1. Image of acryllic painting
2. Pencil illustration of the same
3. Protologue of the taxa

Hope you will like it.

Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

DENDROBIUM CREPIDATUM ACRYLLIC.jpg
DENDROBIUM CREPIDATUM SKETCH.jpg
PROTOLOGUE DENDROBIUM CREPIDATUM.jpg

Prashant awale

Feb 10, 2011, 11:42:24 PM2/10/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Fantastic work Pankaj ji. It has come out well. Nice to know that U R good in painting also. Best wishes..
regards
Prashant

mani nair

Feb 10, 2011, 11:46:36 PM2/10/11
to Prashant awale, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Beautiful painting.  Glad to know that you are a good painter also.
Regards,
Mani.

prasad dash

Feb 10, 2011, 11:47:09 PM2/10/11
to Prashant awale, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Dear Pankaj, its really amazing stuff. Great painting. Carry on.
Best
Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 11, 2011, 1:43:59 AM2/11/11
to prasad dash, amrita tripathy, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Dinesh sir, Mani sir, Prashant sir, Ritesh and Amrita for
the compliments!!!
Regards
Pankaj

Smita Raskar

Feb 11, 2011, 11:45:18 PM2/11/11
to Pankaj Kumar, prasad dash, amrita tripathy, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Hi Pankaj
Thats Amazing...you will be doing better & better ahead...keep up:):)
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,