Fwd: LANTANA FLOWER QUERY

J.M. Garg

Mar 17, 2011, 1:05:31 AM3/17/11
to efloraofindia, vikram jit singh

Forwarding for any assistance in the matter please.

Apr 7, 2011, 11:59:08 PM4/7/11
to efloraofindia, vikram jit singh
Resurfacinf again

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Yazdy Palia

Apr 8, 2011, 5:54:49 AM4/8/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vikram jit singh
Dear Friends,
This not rare at all. It is seen everywhere in the south. I have
plenty of it along my fencing and am struggling to get rid of the
young plants that sprout in the farm. The birds are fond of its fruit
and it grows without any problem wherever it is dropped.
Regards
Yazdy.

Farida Abraham

Apr 8, 2011, 8:14:01 AM4/8/11
to Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vikram jit singh
lantana is a good butterfly attraacting shrub. i have the yellow ad commo pink varieties. How can I get the other coloues mauve, orange , red, white???  i do not think they grow from seed. FA
--
Mrs. F. Abraham.
Principal,

Ushadi micromini

Apr 8, 2011, 1:21:52 PM4/8/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all: Lantana is nothing new to India..... agree...
and this color is neither... I have seen this quite often in western
India along roadsides, as weeds.... never photographed it (ha ha)
because its a "weed". I have yellow in my garden here...very hardy .
and pinkish mauve in a hanging basket.. that vareity is not so
hardy..., Usha di.

On Apr 8, 2:54 pm, Yazdy Palia <yazdypa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> This not rare at all. It is seen everywhere in the south. I have
> plenty of it along my fencing and am struggling to get rid of the
> young plants that sprout in the farm. The birds are fond of its fruit
> and it grows without any problem wherever it is dropped.
> Regards
> Yazdy.
>
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)

Muthu Karthick

Apr 8, 2011, 1:45:23 PM4/8/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
yes there are varieties of colours in flowering. First I thought this could be due to the the altitude variation, but later on it was not true. experts could throw light on this.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Pankaj Oudhia

Apr 15, 2011, 1:49:10 AM4/15/11
to efloraofindia
During student life I was not aware of existence of orange flowered Lantana. I met him during College Tour to Ooty. Later I observed it many times specially on hills. Orange flowered Lantana is commonly planted in gardens due to its color.

Orange flowered Lantana is used as medicine along with other Lantana.

Invasive Alien Flora of India used in Traditional Healing. Part-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcEVmfbNjAg

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

JM Garg

Jan 26, 2020, 3:00:33 AM1/26/20
to efloraofindia
Lantana camara subsp. aculeata as per comparative images at Lantana
sukhnalake 523.jpg