ID 210911 SB01

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 21, 2011, 4:50:52 AM9/21/11
to indiantreepix
Unidentified tree

Location: Mumbai
Date: 170911
Very few flowers could be observed on the tree
The leaves were chordate, with serrate margin, alternate
Foliage.JPG
Foliage (1).JPG
Flowers.JPG
Flowers (1).JPG
DSCN7446.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 21, 2011, 4:54:31 AM9/21/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
Looks like species of Grewia of Malvaceae family.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 21, 2011, 4:58:34 AM9/21/11
to indiantreepix

Sep 21, 2011, 5:02:58 AM9/21/11
to indiantreepix
or is it Grewia tiliaefolia??

Dinesh Valke

Sep 21, 2011, 5:10:48 AM9/21/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
... most probably Grewia tiliifolia.
Regards.
Dinesh

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 21, 2011, 5:14:37 AM9/21/11
to indiantreepix
Sep 21, 2011, 11:19:06 AM9/21/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
I too think it to be Grewia tiliifolia.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

J.M. Garg

Dec 10, 2017, 6:21:18 AM12/10/17
to efloraofindia, Bhatt Sweta, DineshValke, Satish Phadke
I think these images may be of Grewia asiatica L. as Peduncles much longer than petioles as per keys in BSI Flora of India

Dec 10, 2017, 10:44:20 PM12/10/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Bhatt Sweta, DineshValke, Satish Phadke
Its very difficult to convey the species, but yes it appears to Grewia asiatica to me!!
sincerely,

Mayur D. Nandikar (Ph.D. Botany)
Head Scientist,
Naoroji Godrej Centre for Plant Research (NGCPR)
c/o Lawkim Motors Division
431, Village Shindewadi, Post Shirwal,
Dist: Satara, Maharashtra, India 412 801
Office 02169-244401 (Ext 640)
www.ngcpr.org

Scopus ID 36495332200
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0001-8626-3669

J.M. Garg

Dec 10, 2017, 11:03:36 PM12/10/17
to MayurNandikar, efloraofindia, Bhatt Sweta, DineshValke, Satish Phadke
Thanks, Mayur ji.