Plant for ID 25/07/11 SMP1

Satish Phadke

Jul 25, 2011, 4:01:09 AM7/25/11
to indiantreepix
This plant was observed growing in a farm house premises.
I suspect it to be  Cannabis sativa planted by the watchman residing there.
Please validate.
Height 20cm
Leaves tri and pentafoliate as seen in the picture.
Probably a fresh sapling.....
Dr Phadke
_MG_3290s.jpg

H S

Jul 25, 2011, 5:13:40 AM7/25/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
yes Cannabis sativa
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

promila chaturvedi

Jul 25, 2011, 8:44:24 AM7/25/11
to H S, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Definitely it is Cannabis sativa. Here in Delhi i have seen it growing wild, and no one needs to plant it.
Promila

tanay bose

Jul 25, 2011, 9:41:25 AM7/25/11
to promila chaturvedi, H S, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes Cannabis sativa
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Satish Phadke

Jul 25, 2011, 10:07:22 AM7/25/11
to indiantreepix
As it grows wild at many places this may be the case too.
I have never spotted this in wild.
 I was suspecting the prior theory because few years back one hospital servant had planted this in open campus area of one hospital. The ward boy was suspected to be addict to something but nobody was sure until one day one of the patient's relative spotted the plant and alerted the doctor asking him who has planted it?he further asked him to keep watch and told him about the "danger"plant. Ultimately the wardboy was caught red handed one day and was discharged from his duties.
....................My attempt to be in the storyteller group

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com> wrote:
360.gif

tanay bose

Jul 25, 2011, 10:18:04 AM7/25/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Nice story Satish Ji
Tanay
360.gif

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 25, 2011, 11:18:11 AM7/25/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Surely Cannabis sativa

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Pejaver

Jul 25, 2011, 3:44:03 PM7/25/11
to indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
Accepted Satish ji
so our race is also increasing!
Madhuri

--- On Mon, 25/7/11, Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com> wrote:
360.gif

Ushadi micromini

Jul 26, 2011, 9:07:19 AM7/26/11
to efloraofindia
Story story:
there is actually a park called Ganja park in Kolkata...
ITS for real... wikimapia and even google has Maps showing its exact
location...

when growing up we had to walk on the footpath along this park to get
Jadubabu bazzar for daily vegetables and fruits...
my parents used to send our nanny and/ or the driver to walk behind
us,
so that we could walk "independently" yet be protected from the local
inhabitants
of this park: Ganja Park (Kolkata)

(( look up these urls: http://wikimapia.org/8005943/Ganja-Park
and
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENIN342&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ganja+park+kolkata&fb=1&hq=ganja+park&hnear=0x39f882db4908f667:0x43e330e68f6c2cbc,Kolkata,+West+Bengal,+India&cid=2256933379110929271)).

Now its all sanitized and old folks walk there and children are
reported to play there...
not a single ganja leaf to be seen or had , as per the local
authorities...

Usha di
=======

On Jul 26, 12:44 am, Madhuri Pejaver <formpeja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Accepted Satish ji
> so our race is also increasing!
> Madhuri

Madhuri Pejaver

Jul 26, 2011, 3:37:21 PM7/26/11
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini
Ha Ha Ha
Liked it Liked it
Madhuri

mani nair

Jul 27, 2011, 5:08:27 AM7/27/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini
is this the same as Bang which we drink during Holi ?
Regards,
Mani.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 29, 2011, 4:18:48 PM7/29/11
to efloraofindia
yes sir, try your luck to confirm :))
Pankaj

On Jul 27, 2:08 pm, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is this the same as Bang which we drink during Holi ?
> Regards,
> Mani.
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Madhuri Pejaver <formpeja...@yahoo.com>wrote:
>

> > Ha Ha Ha
> > Liked it Liked it
> > Madhuri

Smilax004

Jul 30, 2011, 2:03:39 AM7/30/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Do we drink this? if so which part of the plant?

I do have something to share with; tribal people live near Eravikulam
Nationa Park use to make dosa mixed with leaves of Canabis sativa
(limited numbers) and once they have 3-4 such dosas they can easily
climb steep hills as if they are walking on plain ground. One of my
friend tried the same when he happened to hire some one from there for
assistance and told me that it is true that you don't feel tired while
trekking!

I never tried this! Never got a chance to try!

Regards,
Giby

Pankaj Kumar

Jul 30, 2011, 2:05:35 AM7/30/11
to Smilax004, indiantreepix
Yes Gibs, they do drink it.
If you remember the movie Silsila, it was the same thing Amitabh
Bachhan was drinking :))
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate