efloraofindia:''For Id 02092011MR1’’ wild plant with yellow flower Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 2, 2011, 9:58:42 AM9/2/11
to efloraofindia
Request for identification of this very common wild flower but have never learned its name.

Date/Time- Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  plant

Height/Length- 0.5 to 1 foot

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- small yellow

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Not seen

In my childhood days used to play some game with this flower boy/girl i wonder why?

Regards

Bhagyashri

010920111594.jpg
010920111595.jpg
020920111602.jpg

Jency Samuel

Sep 2, 2011, 10:04:51 AM9/2/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Tridax procumbens

Rgds
Jency

Sep 2, 2011, 10:10:44 AM9/2/11
to Jency Samuel, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I stand corrected Tridax is correct
tanay

Madhuri Raut

Sep 2, 2011, 11:33:31 AM9/2/11
to Tanay Bose, Jency Samuel, efloraofindia
Thank you Samuelji and Tanayji
Regards
Bhagyashri

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 2, 2011, 1:25:14 PM9/2/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Tridax procumbens of Asteraceae family.
The crushed leaf juice is used as a medicine for fresh wound in Kerala.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Tanay Bose

Sep 2, 2011, 1:51:23 PM9/2/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Thanks Giby Ji for the medicinal I at least never
knew this
Tanay

Madhuri Raut

Sep 3, 2011, 12:59:01 AM9/3/11
to Tanay Bose, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thank you Gibiji for the info.
Regards
Bhagyashri

H S

Sep 3, 2011, 1:44:08 AM9/3/11
to Madhuri Raut, Tanay Bose, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Tridax procumbens, in Marathi its called as Ekdandi

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Madhuri Raut

Sep 3, 2011, 2:14:37 AM9/3/11
to H S, Tanay Bose, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thank you Hemsanji for the Marathi name it is apt.
Regards
Bhagyashri

Satheesh George

Sep 3, 2011, 2:18:37 AM9/3/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
The plant is Tridax procumbens L., Sp. Pl. 900. 1753; Hook. f., Fl. Brit. India 3: 311. 1881; Gamble, Fl. Pres. Madras 711(500). 1921; Manilal & Sivar., Fl. Calicut 154. 1982; Mohanan, Fl. Quilon Dist. 234. 1984; Ansari, Fl. Kasaragod Div. 217. 1985; Manilal, Fl. Silent Valley 160. 1988; Ramach. & V.J. Nair, Fl. Cannanore Dist. 255. 1988; Antony, Syst. Stud. Fl. Kottayam Dist. 223. 1989; Babu, Fl. Malappuram Dist. 385. 1990; Vajr., Fl. Palghat Dist. 256. 1990; M. Mohanan & Henry, Fl. Thiruvanthapuram  268. 1994; Subram., Fl. Thenmala Div. 195. 1995; H.J. Chowdhery in Hajra et al., Fl. India 12: 418. 1995; Sasidh. & Sivar., Fl. Pl. Thrissur For. 255. 1996; Sasidh., Fl. Shenduruny WLS 179. 1997; Sivar. & Mathew, Fl. Nilambur 381. 1997; Sasidh., Fl. Periyar Tiger Reserve 210. 1998; Sasidh., Fl. Chinnar WLS 172. 1999; Sunil, Fl. Pl. Alappuzha Dist. 474. 2000; Sasidh., Fl. Parambikulam WLS 172. 2002; Anil Kumar et al., Fl. Pathanamthitta 289. 2005.

--
Dr. Satheesh George
Senior Scientist

Madhuri Raut

Sep 3, 2011, 2:27:46 AM9/3/11
to Satheesh George, efloraofindia
Thank you Satheeshji
Regards
Bhagyashri

Satish Phadke

Sep 4, 2011, 12:22:06 PM9/4/11
to Madhuri Raut, Satheesh George, efloraofindia
Tridax procumbens
Family : Asteraceae. dagadi pala (दगडी पाला) in Marathi
I remember using it as antiseptic on cuts and wounds during my childhood. We could find it everywhere growing as weed.
Dr Phadke

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 4, 2011, 1:07:15 PM9/4/11
to Madhuri Raut, Satish Phadke, Satheesh George, efloraofindia
is it also called as 'tantani'?
Madhuri

Satish Phadke

Sep 4, 2011, 1:17:59 PM9/4/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, Madhuri Raut, Satheesh George, efloraofindia
No Tantani or Ghaneri is Lantana camara

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 4, 2011, 1:24:47 PM9/4/11
to Satish Phadke, Madhuri Raut, Satheesh George, efloraofindia
Thank you sir

Madhuri Raut

Sep 4, 2011, 10:47:02 PM9/4/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, Satish Phadke, Satheesh George, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr Phadke. Yes I too remember squeezing the juice of the leaves and applying it on wounds during childhood
Regards
Bhagyashri