Flowering Tree for ID : Oman : 120711 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 12, 2011, 2:42:45 PM7/12/11

Jul 12, 2011, 2:45:57 PM7/12/11

Jul 12, 2011, 10:13:06 PM7/12/11

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Mahadeswara

Jul 12, 2011, 11:49:47 PM7/12/11
to efloraofindia
Yes . Looks like Pongamia pinnata. Foliage photos are needed for
confirmation.

On Jul 13, 7:13 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Flowers look like Pongamia pinnata
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Ushadi micromini <

Smilax004

Jul 13, 2011, 5:46:18 AM7/13/11
to efloraofindia
Pongamia pinnata (Fabaceae)

Regards,
Giby

On Jul 12, 11:42 pm, "Aarti S. Khale" <aarti.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  P1090773.JPG
> 167KViewDownload

Chitralekha

Jul 13, 2011, 10:52:17 AM7/13/11
to efloraofindia
Is the new name Millettia pinnata?

Chitralekha
> > 167KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 13, 2011, 8:50:13 PM7/13/11
to Chitralekha, efloraofindia
Not Chitralekha, if we follow 2010 Kew Plant List, eFlora of China and eFlora of Pakistan and Tropicos.

Pongamia pinnata is the lone species of monotypic genus

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Chitralekha

Jul 15, 2011, 3:08:41 AM7/15/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks Dr. Gurcharan Singh. Then shouldn't the name be corrected in
flowersofIndia.net site? Also other corrections such as placing
Tectona in family Lamiaceae and not Verbenaceae (hope I am correct)
should be made. I, and probably many others, take for granted that the
names and families given in this site are correct.
Regards,
Chitralekha

On Jul 14, 5:50 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not Chitralekha, if we follow 2010 Kew Plant List, eFlora of China and
> eFlora of Pakistan and Tropicos.
>
> Pongamia pinnata is the lone species of monotypic genus
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Chitralekha <p_chitrale...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:
>

> > Is the new name Millettia pinnata?
>
> > Chitralekha
>
> > On Jul 13, 2:46 pm, Smilax004 <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Pongamia pinnata (Fabaceae)
>
> > > Regards,
> > > Giby

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 15, 2011, 8:30:41 AM7/15/11
to Chitralekha, efloraofindia
Dear Chitraleks
FOI does still have some pending corrections, which Tabish ji will make sooner or later. I have been writing to him whenever I find some abberation, and he has been making necessary corrections. He teaches Physics in Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi. You can write to him directly also.