Solanaceae Week: IDReq-01 11Apr2011AR01 from Meenmutty, Wayanad

raghu ananth

Apr 11, 2011, 2:20:08 AM4/11/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Prickles only on stem,  broad base, not found on leaves,  curved and bent backwards,

"A society grows great when old men plant
 trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."

Date/Time-9 Jan 2011 05:18 PM
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Meenmutty Water falls, Wayanad, Kerala
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-, Wild, Western ghats, Forest hill slopes
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Small Herb,
Height/Length-approx - 3-4 feet
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - 15cms,
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-No flowers
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- No fruits

Regards

Raghu
DSC_1011a.jpg
DSC_1011c.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 7, 2011, 9:52:26 PM5/7/11
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Please upload some shots of flower and fruit.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Yazdy Palia

May 8, 2011, 3:02:59 AM5/8/11
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Appears to be Solanum Torvum to me.
I seem to have lost my pictures of it. Shall post it in a couple of days. Have goofed in the past and as such would wait till I get my pictures. In any case here are some pictures that is on our group https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/7cc087dfe2d66161/4f56d204bda6a6a0?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Solanum+Torvum#4f56d204bda6a6a0
Regards.
Yazdy.

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2011, 2:46:44 PM8/18/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Gurcharan Singh, Yazdy Palia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Please upload some shots of flower and fruit.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“Appears to be Solanum Torvum to me.

I seem to have lost my pictures of it. Shall post it in a couple of days. Have goofed in the past and as such would wait till I get my pictures. In any case here are some pictures that is on our group https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/7cc087dfe2d66161/4f56d204bda6a6a0?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Solanum+Torvum#4f56d204bda6a6a0
Regards.

Yazdy.”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

DSC_1011a.jpg
DSC_1011c.jpg