Request for ID : 290511 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

May 29, 2011, 1:49:52 AM5/29/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Jijamata Udyan, Mumbai, Maharashtra on the 4th of Feb, 2011.
Aarti
P1120826.JPG

Satish Chile

May 29, 2011, 2:01:39 AM5/29/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Taken at Jijamata Udyan, Mumbai, Maharashtra on the 4th of Feb, 2011.
Aarti

This seems to be Sansevieria trifasciatathe "Snake Plant" of Asparagaceae.

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Aarti S. Khale

May 29, 2011, 2:22:42 AM5/29/11
to Satish Chile, efloraofindia
Dr Satish ji,
Thanks for a fast id.
Regards,
Aarti

On 5/29/11, Satish Chile <chile...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Aarti S. Khale
> <aarti...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Taken at Jijamata Udyan, Mumbai, Maharashtra on the 4th of Feb, 2011.
>> Aarti
>>

> This seems to be *Sansevieria trifasciata, *the "Snake Plant" of *
> Asparagaceae*.

Satish Chile

May 29, 2011, 2:23:47 AM5/29/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia

Satish Chile

May 29, 2011, 2:25:02 AM5/29/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
My Pleasure Aarti ji.

H S

May 29, 2011, 4:41:55 AM5/29/11
to Satish Chile, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Sirji
please elaborate family Liliaceae

Sansevieria's here is shown in family Asparagaceae...

 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Gurcharan Singh

May 29, 2011, 5:16:45 AM5/29/11
to H S, itp...@googlegroups.com, Satish Chile, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Dear H S

I am not able to understand whom you are asking to elaborate family Liliaceae. I think every botanist knows that Liliaceae of Bentham & Hooker has now been split into several families and all modern classifications place Sansevieria under Asparagaceae, and Satish ji had rightly given this family name. In a group with such diversity of members, many of whom must be reading older books, giving older family name is not an issue. We should just politely give the recent family name.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

JM Garg