Visit to Chakrata- A Liverwort and beautiful moments

Balkar Arya

Sep 24, 2011, 10:28:47 PM9/24/11
to indiantreepix, sanjeev...@yahoo.co.in
Dear all
Sharing pics of a beautiful Liverwort Marchantia. Sp i dont know
But first time i have seen such a gorgeous Marchantia with gemmae cups, anthridia and archegonia on this. Before this we have not seen such a lovely plant live and only working with this as preserve
this was growing as unwanted weed in the area and green house of Deovan Herbal garden
I consider this as best "Lower plant of the Tour"

ALONG THIS I AM ALSO SHARING SOME MEMORABLE MOMENTS OF THIS VISIT

THANKS

Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
1-DSC06238Sm.JPG
14-IMG_8837Sm.JPG
15-IMG_9098Sm.JPG
18-IMG_9504Sm.JPG
DSC06578Sm.JPG
DSC06579Sm.JPG
DSC06585Sm.JPG
DSC06587Sm.JPG
DSC06588Sm.JPG
DSC06592Sm.JPG
2-DSC06620Sm.JPG
3-DSC06650Sm.JPG
4-IMG_0255Sm.JPG
7-IMG_0575Sm.JPG
9-IMG_8595Sm.JPG
11-IMG_8653Sm.JPG
12-IMG_8688Sm.JPG
13-IMG_8763Sm.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 25, 2011, 12:18:25 AM9/25/11
to efloraofindia
Nice collection of images.
Seems like gemma cup of Marchantia in DSC06578Sm and the elongated
ones are antheridiophores of Marchantia.
Thanks for sharing.
Pankaj
>  1-DSC06238Sm.JPG
> 300KViewDownload
>
>  2-DSC06620Sm.JPG
> 207KViewDownload
>
>  3-DSC06650Sm.JPG
> 199KViewDownload
>
>  4-IMG_0255Sm.JPG
> 293KViewDownload
>
>  7-IMG_0575Sm.JPG
> 249KViewDownload
>
>  9-IMG_8595Sm.JPG
> 220KViewDownload
>
>  11-IMG_8653Sm.JPG
> 119KViewDownload
>
>  12-IMG_8688Sm.JPG
> 306KViewDownload
>
>  13-IMG_8763Sm.JPG
> 253KViewDownload
>
>  14-IMG_8837Sm.JPG
> 310KViewDownload
>
>  15-IMG_9098Sm.JPG
> 122KViewDownload
>
>  18-IMG_9504Sm.JPG
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  DSC06578Sm.JPG
> 177KViewDownload
>
>  DSC06579Sm.JPG
> 164KViewDownload
>
>  DSC06585Sm.JPG
> 164KViewDownload
>
>  DSC06587Sm.JPG
> 140KViewDownload
>
>  DSC06588Sm.JPG
> 132KViewDownload
>
>  DSC06592Sm.JPG
> 107KViewDownload

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 25, 2011, 12:19:27 AM9/25/11
to efloraofindia
Sorry I didnt read above.
By the way who are the other two persons!!
Pankaj

Balkar Arya

Sep 25, 2011, 12:25:16 AM9/25/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
In Khaki dress Mr Katku Ram a Forest ranger in Chakrata having Great Knowledge of Botanical name and local names of Plants and Our driver Kundan
And  Me, Dr Nidhan Singh, Mr Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Prof and Mrs. Gurcharan Singh

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 25, 2011, 12:27:42 AM9/25/11
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Oh sorry!! I wasnt thinking that Shrikant sir also came along....
Interesting....
No orchids???
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Balkar Arya

Sep 25, 2011, 12:30:49 AM9/25/11
to Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes 3-4 Orchids trying to identify myself then i will take your help. hope you will finaly resolve the issues

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 25, 2011, 12:33:27 AM9/25/11
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
:P, ok sir I will try my best... but with Dr Gurcharan and Shrikant
sir I dont think you need my help.
:)
Pankaj

prasad dash

Jan 16, 2012, 5:07:16 AM1/16/12
to Pankaj Kumar, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Sorry Sir, i dont know how i missed this one. Sir this is Marchantia polymorpha (Bryophyte (Liverwort). The Gemma cup is very clear and distinct in  DSC06578Sm.JPG along with antheridia and archigonia.  DSC06585Sm.JPG  is mixed with Anthoceros (Hornwort). Not clear about the species. Please share any other bryophyte if you have taken the snap in that tour.

Yes the group photos and the landscapes are really awesome.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Balkar Singh

Jan 16, 2012, 10:10:35 AM1/16/12
to prasad dash, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Prasad ji for id

Giby Kuriakose

Jan 16, 2012, 12:40:39 PM1/16/12
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix, sanjeev...@yahoo.co.in
Lovely and detailed documentation of  Marchantia polymorpha (thanks to Prasad ji).
I felt a Marcantia expedition from the series of pictures.

Thanks and Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD