Neyraudia reynaudiana from Arunachal Pradesh_RKC

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Mar 21, 2011, 1:56:33 AM3/21/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Neyraudia reynaudiana (Kunth) Keng ex Hitchc.

Loc.: Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, ca 550 m.

Date: 2006 (can't remember the month).

Regards,
Ritesh.

DSC_0393.JPG
DSC_0397.JPG
DSC_0398.JPG
DSC_0399.JPG
DSC_0400.JPG

tanay bose

Mar 21, 2011, 8:43:07 AM3/21/11
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Nice catch Ritesh ji
Thanks For sharing the photos of Burma grass
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

manoj chandran

Jan 19, 2014, 5:37:45 AM1/19/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I think this species need to be worked out again as it is definitely not Neyraudia, which is a reed like grass. N.arundinacea is common in Himalayan foothills whereas N.reynaudiana is common in north-east india and burma, which is also a tall reed. The tapering leafbase in this picture clearly indicates its affinity towards Microstegium, but the branched panicle puts it towards Spodiopogon. The general habit and habitat as seen from the pictures is of the various Microstegium species found all over the slopes of north-east India, but usually they have digitate or subdigitate racemes. It is also to be noted that both the genera have several morphological characters in common.
It would be nice if very close up photographs of the inflorescence is posted. Also kindly mention whether the lower glume is channelled/furrowed on the back (a character of Microstegium).
A sample photograph of Burma reed grass can be seen at this link
Manoj Chandran

J.M. Garg

Jan 26, 2014, 12:48:15 AM1/26/14
to efloraofindia, Manoj Chandran, Ritesh Choudhary

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Other recipients:
[...]
With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2200 members & 1,78,400 messages on 31/12/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).
DSC_0393.JPG
DSC_0397.JPG
DSC_0398.JPG
DSC_0399.JPG
DSC_0400.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 26, 2014, 7:21:26 AM1/26/14
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, Manoj Chandran, spath...@gmail.com
Thanks, Dr. Pathak.

Feb 2, 2014, 5:07:28 AM2/2/14
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, spath...@gmail.com
Feb 10, 2014, 4:29:55 AM2/10/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Manoj Chandran, Ritesh Choudhary
Dear sirs,
The specimen may be belongs to Hemisorghum sp. and closely resembles
to Lakshmia Veldk.(?) Need for microscopic observation

--
_____________________________
Dr M.S. KIRANRAJ, M.Sc., Ph.D.

J.M. Garg

Feb 10, 2014, 4:51:27 AM2/10/14
to efloraofindia, Manoj Chandran, Ritesh Choudhary
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (around 2250 members & 1,80,700 messages on 31/1/14) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Feb 10, 2014, 6:09:28 AM2/10/14
to J.M. Garg, Dr. M. Bhaumik, efloraofindia, Manoj Chandran
Thanks Saumyashree for responding to this thread. But to me it does not look like a Thaysanolaena. Thanks to Manoj Chandran sir and Dr. Kiran too for the efforts.

I am forwarding this to Dr. Manas Bhaumik, BSI, Itanagar who is expert on monocots of North East. Hoping a kind response.

Best regards,
Ritesh.
--
Dr. Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Scientist 'C'
Agharkar Research Institute

Phone: +91-20-25653680-289 (Ext.)

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 19, 2021, 10:17:34 PM2/19/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 19, 2021, 10:18:32 PM2/19/21
to indiantreepix, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Feb 27, 2024, 7:12:57 AMFeb 27
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

to efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji