Wake up new members: you owe something to experts

1 view

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2011, 10:52:44 AM10/1/11
to efloraofindia
Dear members
Whereas the participation of members, especially the ones who have joined recently has increased in recent days. Many of them have got hundreds of specimens identified through the painstaking efforts of experts, who many a times spend hours to confirm an identification. While all this effort is for personal satisfaction and social service, and they don't demand any thing in return, I think moral duty of these new members to participate in the important activities of the Group. I feel sorry to report that their participation in monthly episodes has been much below our expectations, whereas senior members have been uploading their identified plants liberally. It is unfortunate to note that none of these has yet started participating in the contest to nominate best photograph/set for which the contest closes on October 4 at 11 a m. This month has seen unprecedented upload of high quality photographs by our stalwarts, and it is the duty of all members to show appreciation to their efforts by nominating the photographs/sets that appeal you. You can vote for as many photographs/sets as you like.

WAKE UP MEMBERS AND START VOTING. I HAD GIVEN ALL DETAILS IN PREVIOUS MAIL. SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR GOOD UPLOADS APPROPRIATELY. IT IS YOUR MORAL DUTY.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Oct 1, 2011, 11:09:31 AM10/1/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear All
A few months ago i met a person in working in the field of Taxonomy. He was not even willing to share his study area and actual problem. Probably he in thought that every person working in this field is competitor to him. His such attitude has paid nothing to him. but he was willing to get all data from others unofficially. I think till today he is not even able to start his work well. In sharing our pics we are losing nothing but getting our pics confirmed doubly.
And new record if any, must be shared with group with this we will find more information. Member may add "New record from........Area" in title of such posts. This will make your credit of yours sure, atleast in 1728 members of efloraofindia.
So be bold and share as much as you can. Your data from your Hard disk may be lost but it will remain safe in group with so many persons. I have shared about 6000 pics of mine with efloraofindia and i am sure they are safe.
!!!Due to this group i am now with 680 well identified different sp from Haryana!!!

Also all pls take part in Voting. To have some creativity in group such activities are important part. As Gurcharan Ji said this is our Moral duty to take part in Voting as well posting good pics in Group
Thanks and
Happy Voting and Happy Posting
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Oct 1, 2011, 1:13:36 PM10/1/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
I have a suggestion how it would be easy to collect Best pics and Best set of pics for the coming months
Make a word file with these 2 headings and as and when you like a pic or set of photographs go on adding the required details. At the end of the month you can paste the subject line in search mail window and confirm. It is much easier than going back and selecting.
Regards
Bhagyashri

Ushadi micromini

Oct 1, 2011, 8:12:55 PM10/1/11
to efloraofindia

Madhuri:
I have already o said this in beginning of September during the
Malveceae week already in at least two of the threads...
but most folks forget...

or don't notice....

good that you wrote it now...

Usha di
=========

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2011, 9:54:52 PM10/1/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Madhuri ji and Ushadi
Why does our Story tellers group think similarly?
Yesterday when I was about to go to sleep, I had this constantly in my mind. Why are only a few people voting? May be they are feeling lazy or finding it difficult to select. But that should not be a problem, because you can vote multiple times. Selecting few from plus 6000 mails is not an easier job, and most people want to live an easier life. But then I thought of an idea. We will keep the form operative throughout the month (this month only from 5th, as contest for September continues upto 4th). Whenever a member finds an extremely good photograph or set of photographs he/she can immediately vote and we will have the database ready at the end of the month.
    When I opened my inbox just now, I found the same idea not from one but two worthy members.
Hail our story tellers group.

But then that should be no excuse for not voting. You should make some efforts for people who are doing so much for you.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Oct 1, 2011, 10:25:56 PM10/1/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Sir Fully Agree with you for voting whole month

Madhuri Raut

Oct 1, 2011, 11:47:51 PM10/1/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
@Gurcharanji I too was thinking on the same lines as you yesterday about voting during the entire month. Good thought
Regards
Bhagyashri